Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm in Lake Ronkonkoma and I want to lift my stock xterra. (shackles and front spacers)
Looking for someone who would like to do the same to theirs so we can help each other out with the installation.
Thanks!:wave:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi.

I'm in Lake Ronkonkoma and I want to lift my stock xterra. (shackles and front spacers)

Looking for someone who would like to do the same to theirs so we can help each other out with the installation.

Thanks!:wave:

Haven't seen too much activity in this forum, hopefully it gets going again. I live in East Meadow, I just recently lifted my X. But if ya need a hand hit me up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't seen too much activity in this forum, hopefully it gets going again. I live in East Meadow, I just recently lifted my X. But if ya need a hand hit me up.

Hey thanks for the offer!
May I ask what kind of lift you got?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm looking to body lift my X. Doing some work on my buddy's truck tomorrow if ur gonna be around. Right On the Queens/Nassau border. Stop by if you want to make some Xterra friends. We can help u out

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey thanks for the offer!

May I ask what kind of lift you got?

Thanks.

Well, I got a really awesome deal on a ready lift kit for next to nothing it came with everything thing needed spacers,shackles and cam bolts. I'm happy with the results 2.5 in the front 1.5 in the rear. I was on a budget and couldn't pass up on the deal and wasn't sure how deep I was gonna get with the mods on my X. This site definitely gave me the bug and looking to do some stuff during the winter try to have it ready for the nice weather. A lot people use nisstec and prg on here from what I see.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm looking to body lift my X. Doing some work on my buddy's truck tomorrow if ur gonna be around. Right On the Queens/Nassau border. Stop by if you want to make some Xterra friends. We can help u out

That's my old neighborhood, I lived on little neck and 85th Ave. body lift is that a big job? Sounds like it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully next time, thanks! Looks like I'm going to do spacers and shackles for now. Seems to be the least expensive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Body lift is cheap. But doesn't offer many benefits. There is a sticky on all the different lifting options and what does what. It's very helpful
Body lift, now that looks like a lot of work there... I can see my self on the news with the chasis on the hov lane and the body somewhere behind me on the right lane... LoL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm reading now some people are fitting 305/70R16 on stock rims without a lift.
Also just saw Sly's Xterra build he did in 2012 was those tires on stock rims with 1.5 spacers and a NissTec Ultimate Lift Kit.
I didnt think big tires and spacer would have worked.
Can one person only install a NissTec Ultimate Lift Kit at home?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm reading now some people are fitting 305/70R16 on stock rims without a lift.
Also just saw Sly's Xterra build he did in 2012 was those tires on stock rims with 1.5 spacers and a NissTec Ultimate Lift Kit.
I didnt think big tires and spacer would have worked.
Can one person only install a NissTec Ultimate Lift Kit at home?
Thanks.
You can do it by yourself, the front is easy. The only time it would be nice to have help is trying to re-seat the rear leafs back into the axle. You dont need the extra help, but it would make it a ton easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts