Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want a exhaust that sounds like a badass old school muscle car. i want to be heard coming down the street hahah if anyone knows of a system let me know please!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
well considering our trucks only have the V6 it will be hard to get the muscle car sound.... the closest that I have heard has been Shadow. He has a dual in dual out flowmaster. if you look up some of his posts im sure you can see what im talking about.

·
on line
245 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 muffler with custom 3" piping from the cat back, and it is LOUD! I put a 3.5" Stainless tip on it so it looks awesome too... I think custom is the way to go if you want noise. And I think flowmaster takes the cake for noise. If you have a nice sound system, you're going to be using it a lot more. Keep in mind that you won't hear the same exhaust note from the inside of your vehicle.

·
on line
615 Posts
cHurt said:
I have a flowmaster 40 muffler with custom 3" piping from the cat back, and it is LOUD! I put a 3.5" Stainless tip on it so it looks awesome too... I think custom is the way to go if you want noise. And I think flowmaster takes the cake for noise. If you have a nice sound system, you're going to be using it a lot more. Keep in mind that you won't hear the same exhaust note from the inside of your vehicle.
x2 on everything cHurt said. I am running an almost identical setup and I LOVE the sound. Flowmaster 40 is the way to go (for what you want).

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Ah,that would be mine!Glad you all enjoy it.I got a reply from a youtuber that he can`t stop playing it.I must admit I`ve listened to it quite a few times myself.That`s my girlfriend doing the driving and that was the first time I`d ever heard it from outside the car. :hello1: :headbang: :hello1:1 more time!

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now that is the sound i am looking for booooossshhhh!!!!!!!

·
on line
807 Posts
SHADOW said:
Ah,that would be mine!Glad you all enjoy it.I got a reply from a youtuber that he can`t stop playing it.I must admit I`ve listened to it quite a few times myself.That`s my girlfriend doing the driving and that was the first time I`d ever heard it from outside the car. :hello1: :headbang: :hello1:1 more time!
What setup is that? If you could just get rid of that 'hollow' sound it would be awesome.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
stevet47 wrote "What setup is that? "
If you go into my Photobucket album,on the video,you`ll see pictures.I also had the back 2 cats cut off.I think the Y pipe has a lot to do with the sound.
No,it doesn`t sound like a V8 but not bad for a V6!

·
on line
750 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Just remember... A V6 will NEVER sound like a V8
Not unless you drop the lumpiest cam ever into it..then it will come close.

Of course, no one makes cams or jack doodly for this engine yet..which is a shame.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts