Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done painting my S wheels with the duplicolor truck bed liner. It looks awesome. Prep was not that bad I used a scotch brite pad followed with some sand paper. It was not too bad just takes some time. This paint goes on so nice and does not run. Here are some pics sorry they arent very good but the camera sucks. Sorry syndicate Im not trying to look like your twin.

·
on line
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell yea it is its up there cause the steel wheel is still under the car. I painted the sliders witht the same paint and I put on my body moldings. needless to say the truck has been getting lots of attention the past couple weeks.

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks REAL good!

·
on line
32 Posts
CIN-X

What was your trick to masking the wheels? Im trying to get the best idea of how to do it with the tires mounted.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Clifton said:
CIN-X

What was your trick to masking the wheels? Im trying to get the best idea of how to do it with the tires mounted.
Take the tires/wheels off the vehicle. Leave the tires mounted to the wheels.
Cut ~3" strips of painters tape and shimmy the long edges in between the wheel rim and the tire. Leave the edges exposed so you can later adhere sheets of paper to mask off the tire.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
I'm thinking I might be doing this project this weekend if everything works out the way I'd like it too.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
the more i read about this and the more i think about it, i get far to excited and can't wait to begin. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts