Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, today I traded in my 2010 Off-Road for a 2004 Land Cruiser. I have a new baby, and despite how much I love the X, the interior space left something to be desired. Not to mention my wife vocally hated getting into the back to sit by the baby. That certainly didnt help.

Good luck to all of you, and keep up the good work.

Ryan

·
Registered
487 Posts
Land Cruisers are sweet! I saw a 2015 in the showroom last weekend and it was a beast! The Price tag was close to $70k!! My wife is expecting this Dec as well.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Whewww!! thought u got a jeep...
LMAO.

Actually this is exactly the reason we got a Fronty (kept the X too though). The back seat is so much nicer than the X, and way easier to get in and out of because the doors are fully square - not the cut out for the wheel.

However I have a soft spot for Rovers also. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
That's not true. The Xterra has a much more comfortable back seat and more legroom. The back seat also sits up higher so you don't have your legs up by your chest. The Frontier just has bigger doors because it has a longer wheelbase. I've owned both, don't even try to argue lol.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I thought for a second, could you of possibly bought a less reliable vehicle?! Then I re-read it and saw that it was a Land Cruiser and not a Land Rover.

I'm on my 7th bourbon for the evening...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought for a second, could you of possibly bought a less reliable vehicle?! Then I re-read it and saw that it was a Land Cruiser and not a Land Rover.

I'm on my 7th bourbon for the evening...
It funny you say that, because I traded an LR3 for the Xterra precisely because the reliability was killing me. Everytime I looked at it funny, it cost be a grand. The finally kicker was a seal on the front differential went out. Pretty minor. However, Land Rover does not sell the seal, only entire differentials. So instead of being a $10 part and a couple of hours labor, it was roughly $1,500. I decided to get rid of it right then and there.

I have nothing but love for my Xterra, and if Nissan hadn't pussified the Pathfinder, I may have traded up to that. My dad has had a R50 Pathfinder for a decade now, and it has been bulletproof.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Unfortunately, today I traded in my 2010 Off-Road for a 2004 Land Cruiser. I have a new baby, and despite how much I love the X, the interior space left something to be desired. Not to mention my wife vocally hated getting into the back to sit by the baby. That certainly didnt help.

Good luck to all of you, and keep up the good work.

Ryan
tell her to sit in front then! :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually offered to give it to her. She loves driving it, and drove it all last winter while I took the train. But shes not tall enough to put the carseat in the back, so that sealed the deal.

Here are a couple of pictures I have of the LC. Its currently having some agreed upon work done, so I wont take delivery until tonight. First step is to get some 33' on it. The stock size is way too small.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Xterra kinda sucks for kid duty, on a practical level.

My two kids are well out of the dreaded (but convenient) baby bucket, but things don't get better. The rear door handles are way high up so the kids can't reach, the doors are so narrow that they can't climb in, and there's nothing them to hold onto except the door hinge itself: yeah, greasy **** on kids hands, wonderful!

Then the seatbelt latches are soft fabric, and they can't reach down to click themselves in - and when i reach over the kid seat to fasten the seatbelt (one-handed and blind), i find that i've had to lean on the wheel arch and now have an arc of black **** on my pants - awesome day of meetings ahead!

HOWever... getting caught in a snowstorm on Donner Pass in a fwd minivan, having to put chains on in darkness knee-deep in black slush, then crawling blindly through a blizzard surrounded by clueless city slickers and drunk mountain folk - that's the experience that makes you look at those back doors and think they're not so narrow after all...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good Luck with the Land Rover! Always thought those trucks were great!

·
Registered
941 Posts
My wife told me that I need a daily driver and just to make sure it has 4 full doors when we pop out a love goblin (within 1-2 years). So I'm thinking a nice little hatchback is in my future. Will keep the X until it dies though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts