Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nissan X-Terra S 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The only thing I could think of is that it was in an accident and the belts were cut to get the people out... but no way it would still have a clean title or no signs of backyard repairs. Maybe vandalism then? Someone thought that would be a way to get back at the owner? I feel like the ends of the cut one would be burned if a lightsaber was used. Can probably rule that one out. Welcome and nice introductory post.

Check rad, coolant, and tranny fluid for any signs of SMOD. Check rad serial number/manufacture date on top to see if it might have been replaced. IF no signs of SMOD and no signs of new rad, replace it.

These things do not gain much of anything with bolt ons and tuning. That said, I like louder vehicles. You can get a muffler shop to install this muffler (https://www.amazon.com/TOTALFLOW-44...ords=TOTALFLOW+Muffler&qid=1610574405&sr=8-15) for $130 all together. This is louder than the magnaflow that is often recommended (smaller, less fiberglass packing). It replaces the shitty OEM Y pipe and massive muffler.

Use the links posted above for the oem style fog light stalk, it replaces the current turn signal stalk and is a fraction of the price of oem. Mine is going on 3 years without any issues. Getting oem style fog light housings with it should be all you need to use the factory prewired fog light harness. Very easy mod.

Otherwise, just drive it. Figure out what you really want to do for it and then research what other mods can be done to make it better suited for that. I am about to titan swap my X and I have relatively knew suspension on it now. I thought I would never want to titan swap and if I just wheeled it a little more before throwing in new suspension I would have saved well over a grand by jumping straight to the titan swap.
Haha. Right on m8. Thanx for all the info. Extremely helpful.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
278 Posts
first I would ether do a radiator bypass just to be on a safe side until you can replace your radiator.. unless you can replace it right away
to do a bypass is easy I even have a video on that...

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X OR
22 Posts
Awesome!! Welcome!! I have a Midnight Blue 2007 OR with many more miles on it! Great vehicles!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did you get a carfax to make sure there wasn't a new cluster installed? Had that happen on my Pathfinder and my Xterra.
[/QUOT
Did you get a carfax to make sure there wasn't a new cluster installed? Had that happen on my Pathfinder and my Xterra.
Hiya. Thanx. What do you mean by cluster. I do have a type of carfax.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
676 Posts
He is taking about the instrument cluster. Some vehicles store the mileage in the cluster so you could potentially swap them from car to car to show it as having lower mileage than actual.

I was looking at an 06 off-road that the guy advertised as being 1 owner and 160,000 miles. Carfax showed he was the 5th owner and bought it at auction and was flagged for “mileage doesn’t match”. Service records and SMOG data tracked to 250,000 miles then when it transferred from the auction it had 160,000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
He is taking about the instrument cluster. Some vehicles store the mileage in the cluster so you could potentially swap them from car to car to show it as having lower mileage than actual.

I was looking at an 06 off-road that the guy advertised as being 1 owner and 160,000 miles. Carfax showed he was the 5th owner and bought it at auction and was flagged for “mileage doesn’t match”. Service records and SMOG data tracked to 250,000 miles then when it transferred from the auction it had 160,000.
Hi. Thank you very much. Good info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Congrats! Looks like a killer deal.
A head unit with a backup camera would be a good start! I didn't think I would care about a backup camera that much until I installed mine and damn, what a nice addition!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Congrats! Looks like a killer deal.
A head unit with a backup camera would be a good start! I didn't think I would care about a backup camera that much until I installed mine and damn, what a nice addition!

My X has one, always thought, "oh, thats nice"..but not a huge deal... then i started driving our long bed 4 door tacoma with no b-up cam and it was then that i realized how nice in fact they are!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Anybody seen my ‘06? I let a prospective buyer test drive it and boom it’s gone!? Anyways keep n eye out low miles n everything. Thanks!

Joking, great buy op

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Beatenzone

·
Registered
2013 Metalic Blue S 6mt
21 Posts
For fog lights, just go on amazon or ebay and get the nissan factory fog light kit. Comes with new lights and a replacement headlight/directional stalk. My S was prewired for them, pop the caps out of the bumper mount the lights and plug them in. Then swap the stalk out since thats where the factory switch is, should be less than an hour install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
For stereo system I have a pioneer avh 280bt scosche 6x9 3 way front door speakers matching 6 1/2" in the rear doors and a kicker comp 10" in a custom box powered by a blaupunkt 750watt amp. This setup tuned right gives crystal clear highs with mirror vibrating lows. As far as off road build up it all depends on what you are gonna do with it they are pretty capable stock. I have 1.5" of lift with skid plates and rock sliders and can do pretty much any trail near me that a stock Tj jeep on 33"s can do.
Heya pal. Thanx for the reply. I won't have room for a sub like that. But definitely checking out that head unit.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
328 Posts
Heya pal. Thanx for the reply. I won't have room for a sub like that. But definitely checking out that head unit.
I custom made my box to save room. It fits on the right side of the rear cargo area leaving room to put a cooler and rubbermaid tote side by side with space between for a few folding chairs. I have room to load up for a weekend campout with my family of four plus two dogs. The amp is mounted on the front side of the box towards the seat.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts