Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nissan X-Terra S 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. Please call me 'Beat.' It is very nice to meet you all. I just unexpectedly got this really fun truck about a month ago.

Stock 2006 XTerra S
39K miles.
Padre Pio Sticker on the rear driver-side window.
$9K all in from a dealer.
Crazy numbers right? I bought and drove it away as fast as I could before they could remember that they forgot the number 1 at the beginning of the price.

There was this one weird thing. The driver seat and rear driver side seat belts had been cut with a knife or Samurai sword, my buddy even suggested a lightsaber, by the previous, sole owner. I had to stick with 'Samurai sword.'

Tremendous question Deadpool. I cannot even begin to know why. It has been weeks of light-hearted speculation between my girl and me and even after the think tank, it is beyond the realm of human comprehension as to why one would cut, not only the driver seatbelt, but the rear driver side seatbelt.

Now, this is funny, the dealership gave me the parts (seatbelts, nice of them, I know) and let me drive this magnificent mount away with the ill abandoned liberty of 'RAWR, no seat belt' that I have always dreamed of. Not really. I kinda like seatbelts. Anyhoo, fun stuff.

So, I just had my seatbelts installed today and I feel the most swaddled an adult human male could feel in a sport utility vehicle.

And, without further a due, I present, SEX MACHINE v1.0.

Oh, the dirty things I am going to do to this vessel of transit.

All that said, any ideas friends? Any volunteered, concise, seasoned, upgrade info would be much appreciated. The kinda stuff that is 'Man, I should have done this!' kind of stuff.

Already known mods that I intend to do:

Cold Air Intake (but which one please? I like INJEN.) Whaddya think of this?
I am going to hold off on exhaust and headers. I used to have a tricked out 2009 Honda Civic SI. I enjoy the tuning part of owning a fun vehicle.

Fog Light Kit (I have no clue where to begin on this). Any help appreciated.

Chip for max HP and Torque after cold air intake mod. Gas mileage if I can as well. I want something basic. I am neither fast nor furious anymore. I don't need custom profile tuning capability. But all the chips have so many profiles, and features I don't know where to begin.
This one seems good.

Questions? Comments?

Any stereo system incite would be kewl too. I always loved Pioneer systems and speakers.

Once again, thank you for reading and I hope to chat with yous soon.

xo

Beat~

·
Well then...
811 Posts
Volant on the intake, get the sealed version.

Bully Dog for the tuner.

If you want the OEM feel and to use the prewiring from the factory, you’ll need an OEM headlight stock with fog light control and a cheap eBay or Amazon kit for the fogs. You can save on costs by getting just the kit as the kits usually come with a harness with an independent switch. This also lets you run them with your high beams on.

Stereo? Yeah thats pretty easy in the X. Keep the brackets off the stock radio as all the aftermarket stuff is cheap brittle plastic.

If you’ll be diy’n it a lot, the hood strut eliminator kit is also a must, look it up.
I don’t want to spoon feed too much, so check the link to my build thread in my signature, all the parts and recommendations I made (plus a few) are listed and linked there.

Welcome abroad.

·
Premium Member
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
329 Posts
For stereo system I have a pioneer avh 280bt scosche 6x9 3 way front door speakers matching 6 1/2" in the rear doors and a kicker comp 10" in a custom box powered by a blaupunkt 750watt amp. This setup tuned right gives crystal clear highs with mirror vibrating lows. As far as off road build up it all depends on what you are gonna do with it they are pretty capable stock. I have 1.5" of lift with skid plates and rock sliders and can do pretty much any trail near me that a stock Tj jeep on 33"s can do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SMOD. Volant. Bully Dog.

9k and 36,000 miles? US?

The post was confusing and funny - I dig it! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Bought it at Cherry Hill Jeep, NJ, USA

Confusing and funny is what I was going for. Thx for the data. I looked up SMOD. Scary shit there. I'll get right on it.

·
Banned
756 Posts
I wouldn't waste time or money on CAI's or "chips" (has anything actually taken a "chip" since the 90's?). Not worth the minimal gains, unless you're drag racing and every .1 second is worth it's weight in gold. A CAI will gain you maybe 2-3 hp, if that. A tune will help things in a very minor way, mpg's not being one of them. Go with small, skinny tires if you're worried about mpgs. Throttle response might sharpen up, but you're not going to gain a bunch of hp just by tuning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fog Light Kit (I have no clue where to begin on this). Any help appreciated.

Any stereo system incite would be kewl too. I always loved Pioneer systems and speakers.
Here is what I purchased for my fog lights. Factory stalk, lights mount super easy using factory harness as well. Added bulbs that swap from amber to white whenever you turn power off and back on to the fog lights.

Signal Switch/Stalk
Fog Light Assembly
White/Amber H11 Bulbs

For my head unit I bought this cheap thing and a Carplay Dongle so that I can run Apple Carplay. It works great. You sound like you are a bit more of an audiophile than me though so this may not cut it for you.

Android Head Unit
Apple Carplay Dongle

·
Registered
328 Posts
First things first... Love the post! This world needs more humor.

SMOD. Check it out.

Timing chains. With such low mileage I doubt you'll have any issues any time soon, but get to know about them. You will be replacing them if you own this truck for a while.

If HP is what you're looking for, you'll get bigger gains out of an Intake Manifold Spacer (IMS) than you will from a CAI. I assume both would be more betterer though.

As for the seat belts... I think you're on to something with a Ninja vs. Samurai epic battle to the death. I'm almost certain that's what happened. Glad you feel snuggled now.

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
94 Posts
replace radiator, transmission and transfer case fluids, and rear diff breather or the breather extention mod.

you stole that X!!!

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
518 Posts
The only thing I could think of is that it was in an accident and the belts were cut to get the people out... but no way it would still have a clean title or no signs of backyard repairs. Maybe vandalism then? Someone thought that would be a way to get back at the owner? I feel like the ends of the cut one would be burned if a lightsaber was used. Can probably rule that one out. Welcome and nice introductory post.

Check rad, coolant, and tranny fluid for any signs of SMOD. Check rad serial number/manufacture date on top to see if it might have been replaced. IF no signs of SMOD and no signs of new rad, replace it.

These things do not gain much of anything with bolt ons and tuning. That said, I like louder vehicles. You can get a muffler shop to install this muffler (https://www.amazon.com/TOTALFLOW-44...ords=TOTALFLOW+Muffler&qid=1610574405&sr=8-15) for $130 all together. This is louder than the magnaflow that is often recommended (smaller, less fiberglass packing). It replaces the shitty OEM Y pipe and massive muffler.

Use the links posted above for the oem style fog light stalk, it replaces the current turn signal stalk and is a fraction of the price of oem. Mine is going on 3 years without any issues. Getting oem style fog light housings with it should be all you need to use the factory prewired fog light harness. Very easy mod.

Otherwise, just drive it. Figure out what you really want to do for it and then research what other mods can be done to make it better suited for that. I am about to titan swap my X and I have relatively knew suspension on it now. I thought I would never want to titan swap and if I just wheeled it a little more before throwing in new suspension I would have saved well over a grand by jumping straight to the titan swap.

Reactions: Beatenzone

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome in....
That X looks clean

Reactions: Beatenzone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is what I purchased for my fog lights. Factory stalk, lights mount super easy using factory harness as well. Added bulbs that swap from amber to white whenever you turn power off and back on to the fog lights.

Signal Switch/Stalk
Fog Light Assembly
White/Amber H11 Bulbs

For my head unit I bought this cheap thing and a Carplay Dongle so that I can run Apple Carplay. It works great. You sound like you are a bit more of an audiophile than me though so this may not cut it for you.

Android Head Unit
Apple Carplay Dongle
WOW. This is really great info. Thank you so very much. Lots are helpful, this was exceptional.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts