Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 Xterra "S" 4x4 AT. What are some problems I should be aware of if any at all? I did a lot of research on this truck and really the only complaint I found was the MPG's but even to me the numbers are not that bad (especially when your used to 11mpg's) I'm aware of this VDC light problem that people speak of but that's really it. Is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks.

·
on line
268 Posts
Re: I searched! No findy! What are some concerns of owning a

boatcop1 said:
I recently bought a 2007 Xterra "S" 4x4 AT. What are some problems I should be aware of if any at all? ... Is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks.
biggest concern is going to be that big sucking sound from your wallet from mods. lol

You know now that you ask I can't readily think of anything. Now if it were my previous GM vehicle I owned I could easily rattle of 5-6 things to be aware of; blown head gaskets, warped brake rotors, burned up fan resistors, scratched windows, etc. But there really isn't anything like that for the X. Enjoy it and keep an eye on those bills flying out of your pocket.

Think I'll ever own another GM? Nope.

·
on line
874 Posts
there is only one concern...the dealership....be carefull it comes back with less dammage than it went in with

·
on line
358 Posts
Service Bulletins. Is there a good place to find service bulletins?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
marzterra said:
there is only one concern...the dealership....be carefull it comes back with less dammage than it went in with
X2 big time!! Watch them like a hawk.

·
on line
874 Posts
only reason why i say that is becase i had a 7 day old x that went in to get a hitch installed(we owe) and it came back with an oil stain on the seat and a nice chip in the paint from and overhead air hose hitting the door...they did fix it but it ment taking it back again....

·
on line
1,165 Posts
once you start spending money on it, you just cant stop...thats why i havent started yet........

·
on line
135 Posts
About a month after I got my X the gas door spring broke. In the attempt to fix it, the tech pushed so hard on the door to fix the spring that he dented it pretty good. They ended up replacing the door and the spring but it took 6 weeks to get it done.

·
on line
61 Posts
OperatorX said:
About a month after I got my X the gas door spring broke. In the attempt to fix it, the tech pushed so hard on the door to fix the spring that he dented it pretty good. They ended up replacing the door and the spring but it took 6 weeks to get it done.
ut oh. i dont like to hear this. Mine just broke...

·
on line
874 Posts
I hear that....TPMS is flaky at times....but what can ya do

·
on line
776 Posts
drawbacks.

Once you get your x-Beware the envious staring of Toyota owners, as they wished they had bought an Xterra, saved $10K, and didnt look rediculous driving the F *** cruiser! :cheers:

P.S. The TPMS reports, is some funny stuff! SPeaking of TPMS-Those sensors do not react well to higher load range tires (in my experiences), even with factory sized tires!

·
on line
874 Posts
Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, mmmK

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married... But then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll, I'll, I'll set the building on fire...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts