Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a little story to tell. It involves me rolling my 2nd Gen X during a wheeling trip. I wasn't hurt....but my poor X did get a beating. Luckily I brought my camera....so I could share my whole ordeal with you guys. Here it goes....

Here we are heading out to go wheeling:

Well into the trip we encounter a rather large boulder. I decided to test out the X's capabilities....so I went for it:

I then realized it wasn't gonna be easy...the sucker was a lot bigger than we thought. I was just about to make it over....

and that's when i made the mistake of turning the wheel right instead of left. Over she went.....CRUNCH! =(

After hours of careful winching...we finally made the recovery. Unfortunately the damage was already done:

Needless to say....the insurance company wrote her off. It was a bitter-sweet moment for me....bitter for the loss....sweet for a new beginning: I decided to rebuild the X into a rock crawler.

I decided to go nuts and I went SAS with a 10" lift:

I also stuck a CB in her:

Now.....we're ready to roll again!! :cheers: :cheers:

The End

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^^^^i was thinking the same thing when i saw the toy X. hahaha^^^^

by the way, that story is great! glad things worked out for you in the end :cheers:

·
on line
2,072 Posts
we all want to know where you got the toy!! A 2nd gen toy is hard to find.

·
on line
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol

I saw the other thread about diecast toys....so i knew you guys would ask where I got it from.

I got it from The Source....which here in canada, used to be Radioshack (The Source is owned by Circuit City....and they bought out Radioshack Canada a while back)

I saw an ad in the paper showing these mini R/C cars and after seeing the Xterra, I literally rushed to the store just to pick one up. Regular price was $30 CDN....and I got it on sale for $10 CDN.

here's the online link for you guys (CDN prices of course):
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/P...Online&category=Microz_Racers&product=6016006

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I'm going to pick one up tomorrow!!!Maybe even a couple for the kids.

·
on line
400 Posts
hope everyone got out okay from that one.. Got to be more careful driving on desks

·
on line
400 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts