Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the dealer sticker with WD-40 and my fingernail, but now the area is a little hazy and you can still see the outline of the letters. All the adhesive is gone, though. How can I get the area back to normal?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
They come off easily with a heat gun -- or blow dryer. Then a little goo gone for cleanup and it is like it was never there.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I hate when dealers put their **** on my new cars.
It always weirds me out when I'm out of state and see that on all of the cars. It doesn't seem to be a thing in California. I would be pissed if a dealer did that to me - its about the same as graffiti in my opinion.

At least the dealer license plate frames are quick to remove.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I always give the dealer two options:
1) Remove their stickers before I take possession of the vehicle, or
2) Remove $1000 from the price of the vehicle - which is my fee for acting as their rolling billboard. If I'm going to advertise for them, I should get paid to do so.

Funny, they always go with option 1 :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You're aware that removing that decal voids your warranty......
At least it's not illegal like cutting the tag off your mattress.
Actually, it is completely legal to do so. It's only unlawful to remove the tag before the mattress is sold and delivered.
Seems like somebody missed the joke.
Teehee. ^^ This made me giggle like a giddy little schoolgirl. :iconbiggrin:

285 Posts
I always give the dealer two options:
1) Remove their stickers before I take possession of the vehicle
I'll never have a dealer remove their decals, emblems, or whatnot. Who knows what the minimum wage car wash attendant is doing to remove them. I don't want to find some nice razor blade knicks, discolored paint from them using battery acid...

My Nissan dealer puts theirs on the top of the back window as their website minus the "www". I bladed that off within the first hour in my driveway :wave:

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Dealers I've dealt with don't put the sticker on until you buy it. They do it when they give it a final cleaning and fill up the tank, so I make sure to tell them beforehand that they better not put a sticker on my paint, and also to not bother putting one of those license plate frames with their dealership on it either because it's just going in the garbage when I get home.

They always looked shocked and insulted but hey, it's MY vehicle and I don't want that crap on it, easy as that :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
My dealer's named Melloy. We typically take off the "Y" and drive around "Mello"
for a few weeks or so. Great success with all our Nissans thus far, good karma?! :laughing6:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
when i bought my X, they put on vinyl stickers everywhere. got it home and removed them all, went back a few days later, and they guy was like, what? you didn't like the stickers? lol but atleast they were easy to pull off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts