Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
The description of that Jeep had me roflmao.

This midsize SUV stands out in its class as affordable practicality with a stylish twist. All of the premium features expected of a Jeep are offered, including: a tachometer, a trailer hitch, and voice activated navigation.

63k is affordable?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It's called buy used Rubicon save $30k!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The last jeep worth owning was built by American Motors.

And yes, I have tried them since, and am happy that part of my life is over :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nothing worth owning was ever built by American Motors.

That price seems ridiculous until you look at the line of willing buyers. If the Xterra commanded those prices, Nissan would love on it every model year.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I learned to drive in an AMC Hornet. What a load. As I remember it had a straight six that was a retired Buick design. It made something like 12 horsepower, handled like a pontoon boat, and regularly dropped parts on the road or in your hand.

I believe the Eagle was a rebadged Hornet with 4WD.

Who can forget the Gremlin

And Pacer

·
on line
3,217 Posts
For a Rubicon that is not to far off what we have here in Dallas on the Lot. The prices have gone up since I bought mine in 2011. The thing that gets me is the dealers that take the Saraha edition and throw all of these parts on it and have it cost way more than the Rubicon is. They don't even add any lockers or new axles to it. They had one sitting on the lot of my local dealer that was all done with Kevlar and that was priced at $78k and yes they sold it!

·
on line
3,217 Posts
It would be nice if Nissan would take the OR edition and throw some D44's front and rear with lockers and give Jeep a run for their money. If Nissan did that I would probably buy another X.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
It would be nice if Nissan would take the OR edition and throw some D44's front and rear with lockers and give Jeep a run for their money. If Nissan did that I would probably buy another X.
That will never happen. Soccer moms = 98% of the customer base. Off roaders = 2% or less. Money talks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
On the other hand "soccer moms" (which look more like "single college girls" to me) allowed me to buy a sweet OR used in DC. It appeared to have never been off pavement and didn't even have scratches on the skid plates. I took it to Arizona where most all the used Xterras have significant rough miles. Got a great price too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts