Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of purchasing this grille guard, is it a good mod or bad mod? thanks for your much needed opinion.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
grille guards are cool, just a matter of opinion i guess.....but you have to keep in mind the fact that if you're in a fender bender on the front end you'll likely damage more if you didn't have one since the guard can be pushed back into the grill, bumper, headlights, or hood.

·
on line
192 Posts
It looks like the cheap one on ebay. The same cheap one i bought. It shakes a bit more than i wanted it to, i installed it myself and it was a pain in the ass.

·
on line
4,919 Posts
It sort of looks like the AutoXtreme one I have on my X.

I freakin' hate it because it takes away ground clearance, but when I bought it, I knew no better. My suggestion: if you plan on off-roading, save the money for a front bumper and some skids. Notice the picture below of mine with the bent lower bar:

I hit a rock that was buried in a mud hole, and this is what the grille guard looked like after ~2hrs of trying to hammer it back to its natural shape.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I agree, if you go offroading, save it for a shrockworks front bumper, much better for your money.

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, looks like ill keep on looking......thanks for straightening me up...........

·
on line
2,877 Posts
brutus_skx said:
I agree, if you go offroading, save it for a shrockworks front bumper, much better for your money.
Yeah but then you have to counter the extra weight in front by adding a lift of some sort which might or might not void warranties etc...if something breaks and the dealer is a stickler...

i see no problem with adding a grille bard or a push bar. I figure if I hot something, there will be damage anyways and that's why you have insurance. I have a chrome bull bar on mine, sure it affects the approach angle a little BUT I like the look and the lights. If I can figure out a way to mount the lights on the front WITHOUT the bullbar, it would come off.. But I haven't pursued that yet.. Not sure if I ever will... We shall see when I hit uhwarrie if I need that xtra space or not..

-Bill

·
on line
2,877 Posts
yeah they do sucketh......

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
silverflash said:
yeah they do sucketh......
silverflash, looks like you have a brush guard of some sort, do you have a bigger pic of that you can share?thanks.........

·
on line
2,877 Posts

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
silverflash said:
http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc105/zavetsky/

there ya go!

it's an aries bullbar with some pilot lights...
thanks for the pic, how do you like the bullbar?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts