Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am on my 2nd air filter in a month and this one needs to be replaced again. is there any snorkels available? or has anyone seen anyone make one? any suggestions will be very helpful

·
on line
807 Posts
What type of filters are you using?
What type of environment do you drive in?
Can you post up a pic of your filter, so we can confirm it needs to be changed?

2 air filters a month is unheard of.

·
on line
230 Posts
Assuming you are not running an after market dust intake system, the air intake is routed to the fender if I recall. Is your fender liner tight, and in good shape? Even in those insane silt pits of Baja I felt my stock filter did well, and that is the ultimate test.

Also, how bad is your filter? You are not just changing it because Jiffy Lube says so? They can be tapped out a number of times before replacement.

One more thing to remember, a dirty filter filters BETTER, at a slight cost to power and gas millage. Figuring out when the time is right to replace is the real trick. Think I did mine at 25,000 miles on the Titan and X.

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its goin in mud i think im goin to fab up a snorkel cause i go wheeling at least once a week. ill keep you all posted when i finish

·
on line
1,792 Posts
You could fab up some kind of pre-filter for the fenderwell. Even a cloth would help.

I drive dusty trails in So Cal almost every weekend, and you'd be surprised how fast my filter clogs, even without any mud. I drive in clouds of desert dust, seriously. I run a Volant intake and I have two filters, so I always have a clean one to swap in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts