Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
22,508 Posts

·
on line
2,263 Posts
American tire has always given me some if I need them, IE the black ones for my spare and some chrome ones that aw went missing.

·
on line
3,333 Posts
I have some but maybe of a different brand. Looks very similar though. Now where in the world did I put them.....

285 Posts
Wow, I didn't know rent to own rims was a thing... that's kind of brilliant thinking, actually.
I think I seen some of those places in Denver, CO, or north of there.

I always wondered if the interest rate was something ridiculous...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I installed my 4 lug nuts today only to discover that two of the four had the wrong thread and I didn't realize it until it was too late. They went about halfway on and stopped. They wouldn't even come off, so I had to really hammer forward, reverse, forward, reverse until they came off. So now I need to replace two more studs and two more lug nuts. :mad:

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.​

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
on line
3,333 Posts
I know people do it all the time but I would never run my lugs up with an impact. They get way too tight. The torque value req'd is relatively low.

But I am sorry about your luck man. Let me know if you need the lugs and I can look for them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know people do it all the time but I would never run my lugs up with an impact. They get way too tight. The torque value req'd is relatively low.
I have a whole set of torque sticks that I use. I can't remember exactly what the specs are for our X's but I use a 90 ft/lbs which is really close to what Nissan calls for. I learned back in my noob years as a mechanic not to use an impact only.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts