Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had my x for 8 months and i'm still amazed at how much giddy up it has.

the truck speeds up to 100 mph like it's nothing. good job nissan! (the ~115 mph limiter sorta stinks though)

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I got up little past hundred (unkowingly I might add) and got a little nervous going that fast in a tall SUV. Had to get off the gas.

·
on line
735 Posts
I think the VQ is a pretty good suv motor and a smooth runner at cruise with a decent all around power range, but my enthusiasm for it is been brought down a notch since I bought my 5.7l Tundra.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i think the motor is pretty good, time will tell how good though. It sure beats the 4 banger I was driving before.

·
on line
316 Posts
mike100 said:
I think the VQ is a pretty good suv motor and a smooth runner at cruise with a decent all around power range, but my enthusiasm for it is been brought down a notch since I bought my 5.7l Tundra.
Bet the gas mileage still does! :compress: :bounce:

·
on line
142 Posts
Eddo, You have a supercharger but also about 1000 lbs. of additional stuff. I'll take you on in my nearly stock 07 X, just bring it on up here to Atlanta!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
mike100 said:
Yeah, but that 5.7L is almost 50% larger. I hope it's got more power. :)

I have always been a large engine person. To this day I still believe in the saying "There is no replacement for displacement". I have worked on and rebuilt many large bore engines. Maybe it's because I know them inside and out that I prefer them. However, I am very impressed with the engine in the X. So much so, that I think my next vehicle is going to be a Z (don't worry, I'll still have the X...then I just need to find a Nizzan Y).

·
on line
105 Posts
Muzikman said:
I am very impressed with the engine in the X. So much so, that I think my next vehicle is going to be a Z...
I am very impressed with the engine in my G35 6MT. So much so that I ended up buying my X... Get the Z, you'll love it.

regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts