Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
you'll love it. I have the 7019, which is very similar. great choice.

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeahh...apparantly if you ground the ebrake wire, you can watch and drive.

I'm really hoping it comes in in time for my roadtrip to austin wednesday.

By the way Chase, I'm going to be in Canyon Lake tomorrow night through Sunday. Maybe if I get in early enough we can meet up.

·
on line
148 Posts
Kenwoods are easy. when you ground the unit, just take the appropriate wire (aqua i think) and tap into the ground. easy as that. I couldn't use the supplied trim, I had to modify the trim that came with the metra kit with a dremel to fit.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
And now I wait! I paid an extra 60 dollars to get it in by the time I leave town so I can have it on the way up.

Kenwood ddx6019 6.95 inch touchscreen.

I'm way stoked!

Pics to come!
that is a sweet HU. i have the same one and love it. i just grounded the teal wire to a bolt under the drivers side kick panel. Don't worry, i cleaned it up after i installed everything. If you want navigation, you need the KNA-G10 unit from garmin. very easy to install and pretty accurate.

You better post up some pics!!!!

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's in!!! I pulled another truck out about 30 minutes ago (12:30) of the mud, and I guess a wire came loose inside.

I have to pull it apart again and see whats up.

It looks gorgeous though!

Pics tomorrow!

·
on line
1,044 Posts
wow that looks nice! can you please take a pic of it with the door open from the outside? id like to see how it looks with the rest of the X's interior.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts