Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
dude that thing is sweet. you can never have to many tools in your rig. never know when you will need them. Might just have to chop up a tree that falls across the road one day.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
LOL, no no no. That's what the Army's folding shovel is called, an "e-tool" and stands for "entrenching tool" 'cuz it's what we use to dig our "trenches"; i.e. fox holes (which SUCK BALL$ digging a hole that deep w/ a shovel that small!) as well as hasty positions (shallow little divets basically in the rough outline of an oval for you to lay down in and be flush w/ the ground).

·
on line
112 Posts
hehehehehe. I wouldn't know, because I was never in the Army. I just scrounged for parts from my cousin's old stuff before he took it to the surplus store. I've not used it myself yet, but I have volunteered its service to my retarded cousins who got their 4x4 Tacoma stuck at the beach. They didn't much enjoy it, considering I could've easily pulled them out, but it did save their ass otherwise.

It's a lot more practical than keeping a full-length shovel in the truck, so it does have its value. :D :)

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I used that "issue shovel" quite a few years ago--

--Now, given a choice, I'd rather use a large--

--

--Salad spoon !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
112 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Shrockworks bumpers to be completed. How do you have your shovel attached to the tire carrier? Is it ghetto-rigged with some bungee cords, or did you weld on some brackets?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts