Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Schrock rear bumper and tire carrier in June. I was prepared to wait on it. They said it would be by Thanksgiving at the latest, its now estimated for January. I'm going to be very disappointed if I wait 7 months for thing and it comes in and isn't top quality.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Great, I ordered one in October. I guess I shouldn't count on February.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
So the GB ended may 23rd and everyone seems to have received all of their items by November; so about 6 months... You ordered the next month and they gave you a 6 month lead time and they extended it 2 more months.

Not trying to be an ass but did you ask them for a discount? As part of the GB was if they didn't get their items shipped within 4 months then there was an additional 10% off. I understand fabrication takes time, but an 8 month lead time is a bit much.

My suggestion, ask for a discount; if they won't honor it, cancel the order and buy this and install next week:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78041&highlight=hefty

·
Registered
6,919 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So the GB ended may 23rd and everyone seems to have received all of their items by November; so about 6 months... You ordered the next month and they gave you a 6 month lead time and they extended it 2 more months.

Not trying to be an ass but did you ask them for a discount? As part of the GB was if they didn't get their items shipped within 4 months then there was an additional 10% off. I understand fabrication takes time, but an 8 month lead time is a bit much.

My suggestion, ask for a discount; if they won't honor it, cancel the order and buy this and install next week:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=78041&highlight=hefty
I actually ordered it during the GB. So I believe I will be asking for a discount. Edit: Ordered June 18th, just looked at the invoice.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
^^Probably because Shrock has had less dodgy quality and structural integrity issues. Shrock is worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
LOVE my shrock stuff. the wait sucks. but if you have time to wait, it's worth it

·
Registered
918 Posts
I ordered a Hefty rear bumper with tire carrier on September 6th and it was at my door on October 6th. I had a couple of questions when the bumper arrived and I called Chris. He was very helpful and took the time to answer my questions. I know everybody is entitled to their opinions but I do not see that Shrock is superior in quality to Hefty. I believe they are of equal quality. I am all for saving a buck when i can but the savings (GB) versus the wait time with Shrock is not worth it to me. If you are going to save a bunch of money going with shrock then I don't think there is a lot of room to complain regarding wait times. It si clear that as consumers we have a choice to make, save a few bucks and wait 4-7 months or pay regular price and get it within a reasonable amount of time. Hell I could be dead in 7 months and the savings on the bumper didn't do me any good. Just say'in. I am not disparaging the quality of the Shrock product. i have shrock sliders from a group buy a couple of years ago. Hope you receive your bumper soon.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
well..a HEFTY rear bumper saved an X when rear ended at 50 mph by and F-250.....thats not dodgy quality
Hefty bumpers have also taken hits from rocks, etc offroad and went up and smashed into the fenders. A guy with a shrock was in a 50mph accident and the thing barely moved. I'm not saying the hefty bumpers are bad, but theres always more than one side to a story. Personally, being a fabricator myself, I'll stick with my shrock bumpers over anything else on the market. Even though I had to wait 4 months for my rear bumper, it was SOOO worth it. Maxterra also makes basically a copy of the shrock rear bumper. That one was also very well built.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
I ordered my shrock May 28 and had it at the beginning of September. Barely over 3 months. Well worth the wait.

There's a group buy on CF. They will probably get their items faster than ordering it by yourself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
601 Posts
Shoulda went with a Maxterra rear, less then 2 month lead time, guality just as good if not better, and more options to choose from. The only thing I am willing to wait 9 months for from Shrock is the Front bumper sooo sexy IMO

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
well..a HEFTY rear bumper saved an X when rear ended at 50 mph by and F-250.....thats not dodgy quality
Maybe you need to do a search on Hefty issues.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts