Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so about three months ago i had a problem with on of my belts when ever the engine would run or idle it would squeek and make that really high pitched noise that no one likes. well got the fix but about 3 weeks ago the noise came back this time alot louder. how ever the nosie only comes when i step on the gas and not when the car is idle ONLY when step on the gas. before i go to the dealer i want to know if you guys have had any trouble with something like this so i dont get scerwed by the dealer.

thanks for the imput and i should have some pics up from my brush guard and safri roof rack in a coulple of days when the rack comes

·
on line
2,938 Posts
What did the dealer do? Did they replace the belt tensioner? The belt? both?

·
on line
4,919 Posts
As I haven't had this issue on my Xterra yet, but over the time I owned my old blazer, the belt squeaked when my idler pully went, when my alternator crapped out, as well as when the water pump was going. I am hoping that these aren't your problems as you have an '07. It sounds like whoever serviced it might have just put the "anti-squeak" stuff on your belt, which essentially softens the rubber and, in actuality, makes it wear quicker. What I would do before going to the dealer is make sure all of your pulleys are aligned, and make sure the bolts are tightened on them. If the belt is rubbing hard on the side of one pully, it will generally squeak a little.

Let us know what happens

·
on line
127 Posts
Dude, having the exact same problem. Two dealer visits later they can't hear anything. Furthermore I complained about the hood rattle from worn out bumpstops, they told me they changed them, but thanks to a grease pen I know they are the same... I hate dealers.

Hopefully I can find a better dealer here in Columbus, haven't had good luck with any of them.

-Buckeye Nissan
-Germain Nissan
-Nissan North

.... wonder who's next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts