Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My buddy recently bought a 10" LED lightbar for his Taco and the thing is ridiculous both in light output and price. He ordered it from the same seller as this light: http://www.amazon.com/driving-light-working-bright-tractor/dp/B00AI2W5MQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2KW9K9OPNB4CV&coliid=I1X3YS3EG262IJ

Solid build quality, nice wiring, great output. Really quite a deal. So I had a thought about the one linked above: the spacing of the feet where the bolt goes through is exactly 16", which happens to be the distance between the two center bolts on our air dam. Methinks one could possibly just mount that guy up there with truly minimal effort.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You ever try prying one of those bolts out? It's anything but minimal effort :p

Some of N.Y.X.'s 40" buyers have managed to fit their bars on the same way, I say go for it and join the club.

If it's not an exact fit, best case is you'll either need some slightly longer bolts and washers for the brackets, or you'll have to drill the base holes a little bigger. Either way not too big a deal. Also, waterproof like crazy during the install, that's one spot where you don't want water dripping into the headliner.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Staggered? Hum, when I did the measurement I hadn't noticed that. It look like the center are 16" apart and the side ones are 8.5" from the middle two. Should work. I'll take a stab at it soon. Lots of silicone for sure to ensure no water gets into the headrest.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
yes, you'll need longer bolts. the factory bolts won't work. I have my 40" totron mounted directly to the outside bolts. And what eastbay is saying is that the bolts have a slight bit of a curve to them. as in your lights won't both point straight ahead. they'll V out a lil bit.

i say go for it and then post up pics for everyone else to see.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, if I don't pull the trigger by then, I'd be down. I just emailed Viggs Design and they're going to add the Xterra to their website by tomorrow so if anyone is interested in the Blackout option without permanently painting the the hood, we should be good to go.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Yup, I'm interested in a Vigg vinyl. Mind posting a link, when you know it's up? Saves the step of digging through Google for it, but I can certainly do that as well.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Cool, thx ... I'll take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Staggered? Hum, when I did the measurement I hadn't noticed that. It look like the center are 16" apart and the side ones are 8.5" from the middle two. Should work. I'll take a stab at it soon. Lots of silicone for sure to ensure no water gets into the headrest.
not staggered as in the distance apart. but if you look at a top view, they are not in a stright line.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Vigg should have it on the website later today.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked at the spacing again. I see what you're saying, but I don't think it'll affect the light bar.

I am thinking about getting the 31.5" LED bar, which sits at 34" with the feet pointed outwards. I assume if I turn them inwards it might be a perfect 32" to put in the middle with some longer bolts. And of course, getting the hood vinyl to help with splash.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn it, I thought I was about to pull the trigger on a 32" light bar, but now I am considering a Xoskel cage with full lights.... I like the 4x4 look over the police vehicle. We have Xterras here in town with LEDs up top that do Public Safety stuff.... UGH

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You could make a custom light cage for the 32"; I made little cages for each of my roof lights (click the sig). Or maybe Xoskel can do a custom light cage that simply omits the central mounting brackets so you can shove the lightbar in there without worrying about the foot spacing at all. Also, many 6" light bar models will fit into an unmodified Xoskel cage.

Also, pics of the public safety Xterras.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still working on the pic of the public safety vehicles. We're not allowed to use cell phones while driving in SFe limits, so I'll have to be sneaky or find one parked.

The reason why I asked is because I am considering putting up 4 individual LEDs instead, simply to avoid the cop look here in town.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts