Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had sent an e-mail to ARB several days ago...

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:19 PM
To: Front Desk
Subject: 2007 Nissan Xterra Off Road

Sir,

I recently sold my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon which was well equipped to include an Old Man Emu suspension setup that I enjoyed immensely. I now utilize my 2007 Nissan Xterra Off Road for overland use and I desperately need an OME package for this vehicle (as well as a front ARB bumper), are there any plans for an OME kit for my vehicle anywhere on the near horizon? If you are not aware I would appreciate if you could elevate this to your worldwide headquarters for a response.

Thanks for all you do,

Jeff Patterson

and I received this note back...

We are planning to do both suspension and a bar for the new XTerra. We'll put you on our notify list. Current ETA is mid 2008.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98057-4814

For me this is great news, I look forward to seeing their offerings. :headbang:

·
on line
2,540 Posts
I've been hearing that for almost 2 years now. The major hold up is that the Xterra is not sold in AU so they don't have any to work with down there. The US HQ is supposed to do this but I'll believe it when I see it right now with the many many excuses I've seen from them. I had an ARB on my 02 X and loved it and have been waiting for one for a while now.

What I don't understand is why they can't retrofit the AU version of the bumper to work on the US trucks as they have a bumber for the 2005+ Navara (Frontier) and Pathfinder in AU. Since the frame is the same on all 3 vehicles, the major issue I've heard is that they don't have the US Airbag restrictions and the one offered down under might not fit or be airbag compatible.

I email them about once a month for a follow-up so maybe with more interist they might get off thier ass and get this thing done.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I also emailed him last year and in 05 and that was pretty much the same email I got back also....one guy at ARB said that they think there isnt enough of a demend...thats crap I am sure there is enough people on this site that would buy an arb product

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Hey Kahuna, is there anywhere online where I can find pics of that land rover you have? I am always on the look out for a 110. So hard to find.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Hey Kahuna, is there anywhere online where I can find pics of that land rover you have? I am always on the look out for a 110. So hard to find.
Hiya,

A decent Defender in the US is gunna cost you plenty. Even one showing rust will be anywhere from 20-40k. A great resource for all Rover stuff is Atlantic British. Here's a link to their classified section. --> http://www.roverparts.com/Classifieds/

Now did you want a picture of my series III or any series III ? Here's mine the day I brought her home from Port Hueneme (I shipped it here from the UK)

Uh, aren't we now off-topic ???? PM me if you have more questions.

·
on line
360 Posts
I recently wrote to ARB in an effort to "increase the demand" and got a similar response:

"We are planning to do products for the new XTerra in 2008. It is not available in Australia so we will have to get our engineers over here for some measuring. We'll put you on our notify list."

will keep my fingers crossed, but sounds like the same carrot they've been dangling for a while now.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Well the only way to get this is to keep asking about it so everyone needs to email them back once a month asking for an update. If they see the demand, hopefully something will get done.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Hey KillJoy I don't know if the guy still has it or not, but there is a guy in San Clemente that was trying to sell one of those vintage. It is in PERFECT condition, he practically replaced everything on it and even just put some bfg mud terrains on it. It looks amazing. He is selling it for something like 19,000.

·
on line
145 Posts
The best vehicle I ever owned was a '85 Landrover 110. I regret selling it. That was when I lived in New Zealand. Now I live here I can only dream.

·
on line
254 Posts
I emailed ARB more than a month ago asking for a new release date of their bumper and never heard back from anyone. I used [email protected] what addy are you using? Not sure if a reply from them is much more than an auto responder but I would like to make them aware some of us actually are waiting to purchase their products.

Have a hard time at work keeping some sales people from hounding me yet can't get ARB sales to respond??

·
on line
564 Posts
Cold Iron said:
I emailed ARB more than a month ago asking for a new release date of their bumper and never heard back from anyone. I used [email protected] what addy are you using?...

Yes...I'd like to know what email address you used also...I'll send them a similiar request.

Rob

·
on line
95 Posts
*BUMP*

Emailed Jim again and got the following. It's not a definite, but I'll take progress over nothing...

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: Enquiry from arbusa.com ... Bumper for 2nd Gen Nissan Xterras...

I hope so. We are trying to get our engineer over here from Australia to take the final measurements.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98057-4814
Tel: 425-264-1391
Fax: 425-264-1392
Email: [email protected]
www.arbusa.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:25 PM
To: Jim Jackson
Subject: RE: Enquiry from arbusa.com ... Bumper for 2nd Gen Nissan Xterras...

Jim,

Happy new year!

I hear that you might have one in the spring now? Can you confirm/deny this rumor?

Thanks
Mike

·
on line
95 Posts
Exactly...

Combine this with the other responses and I think it looks promising. Probably not until mid-summer but I'll hang on till then.

·
on line
191 Posts
Might even email this thread to them. Might light a fire under them. Stop throwing shrimp on the barbie, drinking Fosters, and get to welding. (add any other Aussie stereotypes you see fit)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts