Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about using Hydraulic bump stops up front.

I am having some crazy coil bucket contact while driving on some of these Awful roads. Mostly those crazy holes that Old Man Winter assisted in producing.

The other thing is trying to find a place that does a bolt on style cuz I'm not into welding these thing onto my rig as of yet.

Good idea or save the $.

I'm running TC UCAs and Rads w/ 750lbs springs

Thanks

·
on line
1,127 Posts
That's correct, but coil bucket contact happens when your shock is fully extended which means your LCA would be as low as it can go which would make the greatest amount of space possible away from your Hydrolic bump.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100% correct!

I just ran out to my Rig and took a look.

For some reason I thought that I was hitting from upward travel not downward. Thanks

So these would be more for suspension recovery at speed per say.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Same here willgr1. What did he do for you? For mine, he took that bad boy apart like 5 times finally maxing out the rebound shims adn i think removing one compression shim. I kind of felt bad as i watched him do the whole thing while i waited seriously like 5 times. But i guess that just backs up peoples claim when they say Greg really wants his products to work 110% and hes not satisfied unless you are. My shocks now are unbelieveable! They are a tad stiff over large speedbumps but everything else is nothing to these revamped shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts