Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,479 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
It always amazes me when people think spinning the tires for a while will do anything other than chew the shit out of their tires and make smoke.

·
on line
332 Posts
all i have to say is thank god i bought an x with a locking dif.

·
on line
618 Posts
He didn't know what he was doing and his spotter wasn't helping much. The only one who seemed to know what to do was the guy who walked into the top of the frame with a tow strap. Can I have that 5 minutes of my life back?
-Old Army

·
on line
1,114 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Dude.... his spotter seemed to know what he was doing.... why the hell wasnt he listening to him??
His spotter was doing just fine. I believe that obstacle is called CJ Hill.

Our club was just at Oak Ridge. It rained like cats and dogs the night before our run. That rock was probably as slippery as a well soaked nipple.

It wasn't the prettiest climb but he got up on his own. :cheers:

·
on line
618 Posts
Maybe I have lost my patience for the newbie off road, but when I'm leading a trail ride, I abide by the three strikes and you get the strap rule. If he was just fooling around and no one was waiting on him, then it doesn't matter.

The spotter's advice on rocking the wheel back and forth under power with that much wheel speed was not well advised. By all rights, that thing should have puked a CV or front axle.

Call me old fashioned, but I tend to err towards finesse, momentum, wheel placement and a proper line when spotting someone who hasn't quite figured it out yet. That was way too much skinny pedal. He may have made it to the top, but he is picking up some bad habits.

I'll give him a 4. (My wife makes me watch Dancing with the Stars, OK?)

-Old Army

·
on line
463 Posts
Bravo for Old Army ! and Syndicate !

Can't forget the commentary about wheel-spin and smoke !!
Oh yeah, chewin' the shit out of your tires, too !

Very Well spoken Guys !
Jim B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts