Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored and looking up Xterra products. I'm so alone. Help. :crybaby:

So I'm currently scoping out Euro-style/Altezza tail lights. I'm sure a lot of you have already written off the thread at this point - they are pretty ricey:

(No offense Shadow!)

And perhaps even kinda cheap:

I do think black-housing Euro-style tail lights are kinda keen though, kinda like the previous generation Explorer tails. Couldn't find any good pics of them on an X, but here are some Pathys:

What do you think, cool or not cool?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I kind of like the look as well. Same goes for the angel/halo eyes for front headlights. I simply have have a hard time justifying buying something on my X for looks that will not improve it's off road/driving performance at this point.

Either way, I'm sure you will make a mod like this look well. I know Shadow pulled it off well from the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
What do you think, cool or not cool?
Not cool imho, but I'm driving a rig built for off roading. If I were driving a plastic ground fx covered lowered Honda Civic with a 2 foot tall 3 level wing bolted on the back, I might like them. Bottom line, its YOUR Xterra, so do what YOU like.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not cool imho, but I'm driving a rig built for off roading. If I were driving a plastic ground fx covered lowered Honda Civic with a 2 foot tall 3 level wing bolted on the back, I might like them. Bottom line, its YOUR Xterra, so do what YOU like.
Obviously I'm biased but this is a false equivalence and more than a little condescending. Huge difference between a lowered fart can civic with ridiculous wings and a pair of aftermarket tail lights on an Xterra. You could drop that second sentence from your statement and still say the same thing, only with a little more tact. See gorillamel's post for an example.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I'm split 50/50 on the lights. I like the idea of a different style option, but don't know that I like the particular set shown by the OP. In any case, I say if you like the way they look, give em a try, and if you do, take some more pictures for the rest of us. I don't think you'll be compromising your offroad capabilities in the pursuit of personal style or setting yourself apart :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
i'm split 50/50 on the lights. I like the idea of a different style option, but don't know that i like the particular set shown by the op. In any case, i say if you like the way they look, give em a try, and if you do, take some more pictures for the rest of us. I don't think you'll be compromising your offroad capabilities in the pursuit of personal style or setting yourself apart :iconbiggrin:
^^ this

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Obviously I'm biased but this is a false equivalence and more than a little condescending. Huge difference between a lowered fart can civic with ridiculous wings and a pair of aftermarket tail lights on an Xterra. You could drop that second sentence from your statement and still say the same thing, only with a little more tact. See gorillamel's post for an example.
He asked for an OPINION, so I gave him my opinion. GFY. There's my tact. :wave:

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
The wing would have to be a different color than the rest of the car though. Then yes it would be acceptable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
612 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a set of black ones on my X simply because there are a ton of stock yellow X's out there and I wanted to "individualize" my truck. I think they look pretty good with my black powder-coated wheels too.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Kinda dig the black out ones, and the ones on SHADOW's ride. Not a fan of the all clear ones.

That being said, guess I'd need to see the price before justifying the expense on looks only.... maybe if they were brighter and improved visibility.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts