Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I do not personally have experience with lug centric wheels and nor would I want any. My personal opinion is they put too much stress on the lugs.

You can however buy custom spacers (pretty much cut to any size you need) to turn lug-centric wheels into hub-centric.

What you would need to do is measure the ID of the wheel and the OD of the hub and have the spacers made. I ran across a site that would make them for you for a reasonable price, I'll have to look for it again.

·
on line
166 Posts
Lug centric is the worst idea ever...

Hub centric is "normal"...

I have broken horrendous amounts of wheel studs from running a lug centric wheel, and have never had an issue with a hub centric.

Just pick a wheel and get some hub centric rings, but if you are going to use the truck hard, make sure the rings aren't plastic...

·
on line
166 Posts
Every OEM supplier uses hub centric wheels, because that is how the wheels is designed, to spin on an axis, not to spin on bolts...

Think about spinning a ring around your finger, the larger the ring the harsher the movement, hence the load on your finger is greater, and inevitably spinning out of control.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
mcampana said:
Not to piss anyone off or rain on their parade. But arent those wheels by pro comp that everyone has been snatching up "lug centric?"
Yes! lug centric I just checked the procomp site. All the sizes that are hub-centric are marked with an * as it says at the bottom of the link.

http://www.procomptires.com/pxa7089.html

click on sizes/specs
then scroll down to the bottom you'll see in red *Hubcentric...

crap
should of looked into this, but it easily correctable right? I dont want my wheels falling off on long drives to the cottage...I got kids!

·
on line
166 Posts
4WheelParts insists that the Xterra is Lug Centric from the factory, i'm not sure i believe that, but I haven't taken a wheel off yet...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts