Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

HU install / airbag question

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  colo964 
#1 ·
now before someone tell me to use the search button... i already read 1000 posts on the airbag light... my question is i just replaced my HU with a pioneer one and of course the airbag light is blinking BUT. also the climate ontrols are not working.... the fan works but not the temp gauge, or selector switch ... also the air, re-circ, and deforst button no workie either...

last time i put in an aftermarket Hu in this never happend....

and therories???

#4 ·
I think that kokopop is right about the fuse. Check under the hood, passenger side towards the windshield. The fuse box has a diagram and you should be able to figure out which fuse is blown from that.you will still have to reset your airbag light. There is a post on that and it is really easy. Hope that helps.

#5 ·
thankx guys...

AHHHH fixed.. it was actually neither...

i didnt seat the stupid connector completely in ... the F'in goofy one with the slide over connector.......

#7 ·
Yes there are 3 plugs for that panel, Nissan could not decide what type plug people would be happy with, so They just used 3 different ones and figured someone would be happy about at least one of the three! Crazy! WTF? Sometimes i wonder about them, By the way, same person is rumored to have been in charge of the leaf springs, Location of the fuse for the trailer lights (Under dash) and the way the Oil drains. MC

#8 ·
Yes there are 3 plugs for that panel, Nissan could not decide what type plug people would be happy with, so They just used 3 different ones and figured someone would be happy about at least one of the three! Crazy! WTF? Sometimes i wonder about them, By the way, same person is rumored to have been in charge of the leaf springs, Location of the fuse for the trailer lights (Under dash) and the way the Oil drains. MC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.