Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
279 Posts
There are a couple of good shots there. Injen and Volant if you are interested. You could also check out K&N and Stillen. I believe there are a couple/few more companies that make intakes for the X. I'm debating an intake system or drop in filter replacement myself. Like Kal_El says, check out the thread in the Engine Powertrain forum.
BTW, Welcome!

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Melissa,

Welcome to the club. :wave: I remember you from XOC. Guys over there were talking all about ya. Anyways, you can install it yourself if you want to. It's extremely simple. All you do is just take out your old intake and install the new one in the same spot as the old one. It should only take ya a couple of minutes to do the removal and install. It'll save ya a couple $ anyways.

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the sweet messages and compliments you guys!! yes, i was on that other board, but since have traded that 05 x for and 06 off road. i thought i had read somewhere that it inolved more than that...some kind of sensors or something. you have to forgive me....mechanics is not my thing, lol.
hugs

p.s. btw....i am offseason and do not look like i do in the majority of pics on my site. i am heavier and softer (dammit), heheeee!

·
on line
143 Posts
melissa said:
thanks for the sweet messages and compliments you guys!! yes, i was on that other board, but since have traded that 05 x for and 06 off road. i thought i had read somewhere that it inolved more than that...some kind of sensors or something. you have to forgive me....mechanics is not my thing, lol.
hugs

p.s. btw....i am offseason and do not look like i do in the majority of pics on my site. i am heavier and softer (dammit), heheeee!
Oh, ya mean normal...

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Xterraclamper said:
melissa said:
hugs

Oh, ya mean normal...

lol...well, yes, i guess so, heheeee

·
on line
143 Posts
Ya gots to remember, this is a web site for Xterra Mods, not bods.....Most of these guy's get a boner from looking at a new Torque Wrench.... :jerk:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
melissa said:
hugs

The sensors you just unplug from the stock one and plug them back in to the new one. That's all. If you're afraid that you might mess it up just take a pic with your digi if you have one and then use that as reference.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Dan is right, you can do it yourself. But I am sure no matter if you are really off season bulking or not, you can smile a bit and get some assistance from the neighbor. It really is a cake walk. The wire you are talking about is just a plug, it ha a release to it so don't yank on it, there is a part you press and it comes off. It's a MAF sensor. the computer needs the info to adjust the fuel. Back over to the Intake thread, Just remember Non Oiled filters is the new technology. Stick to that. I lean toward the Volant for mostly on road performance. Like that, "Lean"
LOL You get back to on season you need to get that photographer to take a picture of you with your X and be our poster girl. MC

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well that sounds easy enough!!! thanks for all the sweet words and kind help, and yes, i will snap a pic if i can lose a couple of pounds, lol! i am not due to be in contest shape until next summer! arggggh!

p.s. torque wrenches, huh? ....interesting! ;o)

·
on line
143 Posts
Now that gets me thinkin...Anyone remember the Pups Parts Mag/Calender.....? Or am I too old at 37.....We could revitalized the idea right here with Melissa on the cover holding a Torque Wrench, kinda... :cyclopsani:

·
on line
46 Posts
Not to change back to the original subject(btw buff chix rule)...but NISMO(Nissans racing unit) CAI is out should be able to by online or from dealer and have them install..1hr labor and $259 from performance nissan parts...nice pic of you and Big Ron

·
on line
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MrXS said:
Not to change back to the original subject(btw buff chix rule)...but NISMO(Nissans racing unit) CAI is out should be able to by online or from dealer and have them install..1hr labor and $259 from performance nissan parts...nice pic of you and Big Ron
thanks!!!! can you tell me more about the part you are talking about? like hp increase, etc.? what is it called again, and where can i get it?
melissa

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Here are some more options too -
Air Intake Options

I believe we also get a forum discount on top of those prices too!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts