Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed it down and am going to order the Daystar lift in the next couple've weeks. My X has 70k miles on it now, will adding the lift be detrimental to other parts of my suspension? Most of the miles are hwy, but I wasn't sure if the lift would shorten the life of the shocks, joints, etc.

Thanks!

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an S model - figured I should probably order some new shocks to install while the lift is going on

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Shocks should ideally be replaced at/around 50k miles, BTW.
YMMV

Your X will be fine w/ the small lift provided. You'll appreciate it even more now after having driven the first 70k at stock height. Only thing I'd add, is if you're running w/o the rear swaybar attached, get longer shocks for the backside. You don't want them (stock size) to be your limiting factor. The brakelines are fine.
Good luck

·
on line
15,651 Posts
With that many miles, be ready to have to cut the three bolts off the top of the shock to get the shock off. They can be replaced with a normal bolt of the correct size. Since you are doing all the work now, it would be a good idea to get new shocks. Just remember, to change the shocks, you will need a spring compressor, or take the shocks to a garage and have them swap the springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts