Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I did some searching on here and didn't find anything on this.

Ever since I bought my Xterra, I didn't like how small the Rear Wiper was. It just doesn't seem to clear very much area to see out the back. After doing some searching through our parts inventory, I found out that the Murano Rear Wiper is a direct replacement but is 2" longer in length.

The part # for the Murano Rear Wiper is 28790-CB000.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Nice. Have you installed it yet? Any problems with clearance hitting the paint?
Ditto.
I just went out & looked at my stock one. It looks like the 2" longer WILL fit as long as it is equal length on each end. I could take a pic & post it up if no one can confirm for sure that it will fit.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Looks like it will be 1 inch on each side gain. Based on looking at the photo & seeing the center point. If I am looking & guessing it right?..

should work?. I am not near mine, to see what the distance on the top sweep is from edge. If that extra inch will hurt or not.

·
Registered
621 Posts
man, that's weird...i was looking through my rear window today, thinking how small the wiper sweep was...i'm all over this...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yeah it should clear with no probs. It's and extra inch on either side. And if you look at that pic you have more than and inch.

But this is cool info. I am so doing this. The rear wipers on there now is way too small..

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Is there a replacement that is 3" longer? That looks like it would be perfectomundo!

(Oh, Attention Volant, PRG, & Shrockworks. For the advertising shown on the previous picture, please "PM" me with details of how you would like to pay me, OK? That would be "Xorro" at "thenewX.org", the greatest X website in the world!)

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Kool. I'm gonna p/u one tomorrow as the one I have now is shot. I still wish there was someway to put a winter blade on though. These blades are crap in the winter

·
Registered
445 Posts
I did a search and it seems their is also a metal version part # 28790CA025

1 - 20 of 280 Posts