Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
I like the current position of the hood. but I did find that I needed new hood bump stops. I raised them up and the squeak stopped. the stops are old and falling apart and wont stay in place to put pressure upwards on the hood while the latch holds it down. the new ones are okay (oem)

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a high pitched squeak that started several months ago. 2012 Pro4x with 30,000 miles. It is intermitent, and chirps when I hit bumps, or on a gravel road.
I have not been able to track it down.

Could this be the "hood squeak" being discussed here?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a high pitched squeak that started several months ago. 2012 Pro4x with 30,000 miles. It is intermitent, and chirps when I hit bumps, or on a gravel road.
I have not been able to track it down.

Could this be the "hood squeak" being discussed here?
I have the same noise under the same conditions. If it is the hood squeaking, I would be happy to use this fix. I wish someone would reply to confirm that this sound is coming from the hood.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have the same noise under the same conditions. If it is the hood squeaking, I would be happy to use this fix. I wish someone would reply to confirm that this sound is coming from the hood.
It is very likely the hood, definitely worth a shot.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I had the hood squeak, and wobble. Made the adjustment, with the 3 bolts on the latch.. moved it down 1/32" No more noise, going few week's now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Question for the guys that had the hood latch squeak. Did it sound like it came from underneath? I have a loud squeak that sounds like its right under the drivers side. Gets louder over bumps too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
38 Participants
P4ND4
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing