Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
901 Posts
I'm thinking it's this one? Amazon says it fits my '05 and looks like the one I replaced a couple years ago. However, only says 2003-2010? Wonder if Amazon says it will fit your 2011 if you have that vehicle added to your "garage".

YCT EVAP Evaporative Emissions Vapor Canister Vent Valve Solenoid 911-503 14935-AM600 14935-AM60A 14935-AM60B Fits Infiniti Nissan 2003-2010 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KPJRTL4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_nwZVEbJNMKKZZ

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'm thinking it's this one? Amazon says it fits my '05 and looks like the one I replaced a couple years ago. However, only says 2003-2010? Wonder if Amazon says it will fit your 2011 if you have that vehicle added to your "garage".

YCT EVAP Evaporative Emissions Vapor Canister Vent Valve Solenoid 911-503 14935-AM600 14935-AM60A 14935-AM60B Fits Infiniti Nissan 2003-2010 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KPJRTL4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_nwZVEbJNMKKZZ

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Nope, not for 2011 or later BUT... this one is, and goes from 05 to 15.
Dorman 911-336 Vapor Canister Purge Valve

·
TNX Veteran
4,166 Posts
Chances are good if you blow out the solenoid, give it a good lubing with WD-40, blow out the excess, and test it, it'll work just fine. You probably don't need to replace it.

I have replaced mine twice, and after testing each time they both worked, so I kept them. I'm now running an old one, and a friend is running the other (I think my original) . The only one that actually failed was the aftermarket one, and we had to replace his because it broke.

YMMV

·
Registered
522 Posts
Part number???
I punched in the part number, 14935-jfooa. Seller is FBULWSEC. They make this replacement for most of the Nissans. Should have it Monday. Blew out the dust out of the canister and extended the hose out of the frame and made a simple breather from a Gatorade bottle and a sock. Amazon also had OEM rear mud flaps for $40

·
Premium Member
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X 6MT Metallic Blue
13 Posts
Hello all, I finally got around to tackle this project with a couple of modifications from what has been presented above (thank you to Sproatlake and other for all the great pics and information) as my 2015 X is only at 45,000 miles has never had its evaporation emission canister system submerged, and is not currently throwing any codes. I just wanted to move the vent from the canister filter higher up on the truck in a style analogous to the rear differential breather which I installed a month or so ago.

As recommended, I purchased about 4 feet of 1/2'' ID (internal diameter) fuel hose along with some hose clamps, a 1/2 brass barb connector, and a K&N 3/8'' inch Crankcase vent filter (Model 62-1000).

I removed the two 10 mm screws holding the inboard half of the driver side taillight assembly to gain access to where I was going to place the filter and hose. I clamped the filter, added another clamp to keep the hose from slipping and threaded it down into the bumper. The existing vent hose for the evap canister filter sat attached to the frame (behind the driver rear wheel well) with a white plastic plug (see pics). I connected the new hose (Grey arrow) I threaded down to the existing vent hose (Scarlet arrow) with the barb connector, securing it with a couple of hose clamps. A couple of perfunctory cable ties to hold everything in place and I was done. Hopefully the new filter and hose will not cause any back pressure on the canister filter leading to a code, but I guess that remains to be seen. I found it helpful to drop the spare tire, remove the driver rear tire and the plastic around the rear part of the wheel well to gain access to the area to aid in threading the hose, but in retrospect just dropping the spare would have been enough. Took about 45 minutes from start to finish. Hope this helps, best wishes everyone.

Attachments

101 - 107 of 107 Posts