Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1141 - 1156 of 1156 Posts

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
Good stuff.
The slight lack of travel compared to the procomps is kind of a bummer. I don't know what .4" of shock travel equates to at the wheel, but would be interesting to know.
I'd assume it would equate to a .8" drop in travel at the tire....but let's keep in mind that the new Bilstein is only advertised at 5.1" vs 5" for the Eibach. The Pro-Comp is non-existent anymore. So its really not a contender. The New ProComp...not even sure what they were aiming for. Maybe a universal shock for more than Gen1 Tundras.

I 'think' as long as its over 5" then you 'should' have 10" travel at the tire...but I haven't put mine together to test fit yet. I'll have to try to simulate it when I start doing the test fit on mine. I'm thinking they may be my next step if the bilsteins are too annoying. I do intend to email them and ask what the dia of the steel at the bottom is. The Bilsteins hit our A-Arms. Curious if the Eibach's are smaller and give more clearance like the Pro-Comps.

· Registered
476 Posts
Just found a post from Glamisdude mentioning these struts. Evidently back when he did the research....they were more like the new Pro-Comps. They were significantly longer. One down side is htey're significantly more expensive than Bilsteins...which we still see today.

This info is like split in to 5 or so different posts it seems. Hard to follow all going on

Initial Strut Research

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Eibach Research.....just bored so went searching a review and found a 4Runner site

Eibach PRO TRUCK Sport leveling shock initial review...

They seem to have no complaints about them offroad. I am concerned they say 'sport shocks' but they don't seem to be geared toward lowered vehicles(which would make sense since they have lift grooves in them.
Idk why it didn’t occur to me until now. My extended Rads already have ~5” of travel. There’d be no point in buying any of these options… I’d just throw a 2” spacer on top of the Rads and I’d have a 5” travel, ~18.5”x13.xx shock.

If I’m going to T-swap, I want a shock with 6”+ of travel.

· Registered
476 Posts
I have been jotting down notes. Page 21 of this thread has a bunch of 'money' posts' in it...but here's what I've jotted down. I bought the TRW springs then realized I'd only have about 3" of strut compression before coil bind with the things. Decided to gamble on 660 lb 13.89" coils from Toyota. Well, those are discontinued...but superceded by a 14.16" 660lb spring. So I have those on their way. See what they do with my super heavy rig.

All of these springs, from what I've researched, would be somewhere suitable for a heavier rig. I can't speak to lift they provide. Will update on the top line when I get them installed and see if I need to add snap ring grooves or not.

Font Rectangle Circle Number Pattern

If I find more research I'll post it here. The original links in this thread are dead to the parts site. I have found sites online with OEM cross references to try to cross reference MOOG to OEM.

· Registered
476 Posts
This works with eibach springs too?
It does not look like it, (it'd need a flat spring seat), but I am guessing they may have a different perch you could buy. I'd email them and check. They were responsive with my inquiry on that strut around Christmas time.

· Registered
476 Posts
Huge discussion on FB group yesterday, (most detailed discussion I'd ever seen there on a specific topic), thought I'd bring a tidbit across on this setup. Some interesting info out of a fellow on Xterra Crew, (appears he may be affiliated with NissTec). His (their) research on this setup is that it's too long and will cause CV issues at full droop locked M205 wheeling situation. Most will never see an issue unless in that situation. So, I guess check full droop CV angles, (maybe limit straps). I haven't upfit it yet... So, no comment on what I see with a R180. It'll be a bit before I go to a M205.

· Registered
13 Posts
Huge discussion on FB group yesterday, (most detailed discussion I'd ever seen there on a specific topic), thought I'd bring a tidbit across on this setup. Some interesting info out of a fellow on Xterra Crew, (appears he may be affiliated with NissTec). His (their) research on this setup is that it's too long and will cause CV issues at full droop locked M205 wheeling situation. Most will never see an issue unless in that situation. So, I guess check full droop CV angles, (maybe limit straps). I haven't upfit it yet... So, no comment on what I see with a R180. It'll be a bit before I go to a M205.

· Registered
1,029 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
I could be wrong, but haven't a lot of folks had issues with Bilstein options rubbing in the LCA mount?
Yes. The lower eye is so huge that it rubs on our rigs. Toyotas I'm guessing have a different mount style that gives more clearance

I was put on to this kit yesterday in that thread by a CRD racing guy. I'm mildly intrigued as there was talk of a 6112 earlier in this thread.

Bilstein B8 6112 shock kit

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes. The lower eye is so huge that it rubs on our rigs. Toyotas I'm guessing have a different mount style that gives more clearance

I was put on to this kit yesterday in that thread by a CRD racing guy. I'm mildly intrigued as there was talk of a 6112 earlier in this thread.

Bilstein B8 6112 shock kit
I thought 6112s were basically the same as, or only slightly longer dimensions than standard Bils? 16 and change extended or so?

If so, I don’t know how they’d be much good for a swap?

· Registered
476 Posts
They are 2 1/2” shocks from what I read and valves for OffRoad. Not for a happy medium like 5100s. 5100s are 2”

· Registered
476 Posts
Yes, then, they're likely the same(if longer then an issue). They're just a upgrade from 2 to 2 1/2"...and likely the valving might be better than the 5100s.

I am curious what the extended and compressed lengths of the 6112s are. May get around to asking but really struggling spending that much(will the spring even work for us?) when fro just a couple hundred more I can have a 2" Radflo. I'll talk to CJD about it at some point. He does neat things with Xterras on the Xterra Crew FB group he shares occasionally. He recommended them in all the back and forth on MKIIs vs Rads vs Tundra.

1141 - 1156 of 1156 Posts