Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1121 - 1140 of 1156 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Quote from post 17 in the link

"This drawing was designed around the Bilstein 24-261425 and adapts the coilover assembly to an approximate 18" length from flat of tophat to center of eyelet." If you add the 1.43" back that the custom tophat takes away then your pretty close to 20"

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
OK so I just talked to procomp and they stated the length of their zx2081 strut as being.
13.30" compressed
18.70" extended
the bilstein 24-261425 are
Extended Length (IN): 18.35 Inch
Compressed Length (IN): 13.23 Inch
Did they say anything about the strut being discontinued? Was thinking of ordering a set but 4WP only has one in 'stock' and say its discontinued. Maybe I waited too long.

· Premium Member
2,091 Posts
When I bought my Tundra ProComps they showed "low stock" locally, in person only had 1 box, I had to drive 100 miles for the second, and they had low stock too, 1 was missing parts and others were missing more. The replacement part number for my discontinued ones was..... also discontinued. So if you call, also ask if it has all parts, low quantity at 4wheelParts may mean previously opened and/or missing parts.

· Registered
476 Posts
I found a pair on Walmart.com of all places and placed the order. I am unsure if it will pan out or if they'll cancel the order and tell me that they're not available anymore. It does look like they're dying off, though. Lots of places selling them that say 'out of stock'

· Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You can call your local (or stock having on what you want) 4wheelParts location, have them use computer to see which of their locations still have them.
Then call those...... find out they don't ship... oops. Or maybe they do!
Or someone there can look up the replacement for the discontinued part? If you're ok with missing parts, the location on Bell Rd in Phoenix where I bought mine (also missing parts) still had 1 or 2. And I think they said Texas had some with missing parts. There are risks, like is it returnable?

They just cancelled the order on me. I’d say they’re gone

· Registered
476 Posts
Got this back from ProComp today

TheZX2081 have been discontinued, but our new version is part number PR2081 and they are in stock through our dealers. 4 Wheel Parts can get those going for you/ and they can be reached at 877-474-4821.

Thank you,

Benny Goodman
Pro Comp Customer Support Team

Here's the description for that product...

Take the next step-up in off-road performance with Pro Comp PRO-M Monotube Shocks. These Shocks deliver fast reaction and performance with consistent ride quality whether you?re on an off-road adventure in tough terrain or on the road home back to the city. Featuring an internal floating piston to separate oil from the nitrogen gas charge to eliminate performance robbing cavitation and multi-stage valving to optimize the ride and handling characteristics for each application. The 2.0 shock body provides increased oil capacity to improve heat dissipation during off-road use and the all-new wiper seal design ensure your shocks will never leak. Pro Comp PRO-M shocks are built for having fun off-road and delivering a smooth ride on-road.

Specs

ZX2081(Discontinued)
13.30" compressed
18.70" extended
5.4" travel
PR2081(New)
14.6" Compressed
19.5" Extended
4.9" travel
Blstein 24-261425
5.1" travel(measured my real shocks. Appears to be more like 5.3-5.4"....so that's good)
Bilstein(Discontinued) BIL 24-188265
(from original post for OLD p/n of Bilstein)
Collapsed Length (IN): 13.23"
Extended Length (IN): 18.68"
Travel Length (IN): 5.45"

Eibach E60-82-005-02-10

Collapsed Length(IN): 13.7
Extended Length(IN): 18.62
Travel Length(IN): 5

I'm digesting those numbers....but I think the PR2081 is too long now. You'd have to extend the tophat 1.2" or so to get the 18" top to eyelet length. That would make a very tall tophat. Maybe you could make it work. But then, compressed length is longer, requiring a taller bumpstop to keep from over compressing it.

I'm not an expert here...just thinking through it. The shock travel now is only 4.9" compared to 5.4 before. Compared to the Bilstein, though...maybe its not bad. Bilstein only has 5.1" of travel

· Registered
476 Posts
Picked up a set of TRW JCS1606T FJ coils for 40 bucks shipped from Rock Auto. Free Length is like 14.1" Pass, 14.5" driver. They look like they're MOOG coils...but I"m going to mix them with @roXterra 's used Bilsteins to get the Titan swap rolling. If anyone has a line on used FJ coils...I'm all ears. Had started to procure stuff for custom top hats...but not sure that's a good idea with Faux-Moog coils. Will see what they look like when I get htem. Should be in a set of usable struts for ~200

· Registered
13 Posts
Got this back from ProComp today

TheZX2081 have been discontinued, but our new version is part number PR2081 and they are in stock through our dealers. 4 Wheel Parts can get those going for you/ and they can be reached at 877-474-4821.

Thank you,

Benny Goodman
Pro Comp Customer Support Team

Here's the description for that product...

Take the next step-up in off-road performance with Pro Comp PRO-M Monotube Shocks. These Shocks deliver fast reaction and performance with consistent ride quality whether you?re on an off-road adventure in tough terrain or on the road home back to the city. Featuring an internal floating piston to separate oil from the nitrogen gas charge to eliminate performance robbing cavitation and multi-stage valving to optimize the ride and handling characteristics for each application. The 2.0 shock body provides increased oil capacity to improve heat dissipation during off-road use and the all-new wiper seal design ensure your shocks will never leak. Pro Comp PRO-M shocks are built for having fun off-road and delivering a smooth ride on-road.

Specs

ZX2081(Discontinued)
13.30" compressed
18.70" extended
5.4" travel
PR2081(New)
14.6" Compressed
19.5" Extended
4.9" travel
Blstein 24-261425
5.1" travel
Bilstein(Discontinued) BIL 24-188265
(from original post for OLD p/n of Bilstein)
Collapsed Length (IN): 13.23"
Extended Length (IN): 18.68"
Travel Length (IN): 5.45"

I'm digesting those numbers....but I think the PR2081 is too long now. You'd have to extend the tophat 1.2" or so to get the 18" top to eyelet length. That would make a very tall tophat. Maybe you could make it work. But then, compressed length is longer, requiring a taller bumpstop to keep from over compressing it.

I'm not an expert here...just thinking through it. The shock travel now is only 4.9" compared to 5.4 before. Compared to the Bilstein, though...maybe its not bad. Bilstein only has 5.1" of travel
Well darn

· Registered
476 Posts
Ever hear back on these?

I got that email with that picture of the dimensions. I think, assuming there's some viable valving in it...that they could be a contender.

I am not smart on valving, though. What type of valving would be best for our Rigs? I can ask the question to them(they were very responsive to a tech question I put in). If someone gives me an idea of what to ask. I'll do the legwork. I've got Rox's old bilsteins...but don't want Radflo's and Nisstec sounds like is having some delivery issues right now so don't want to sink 1100 on those in a month or so to wait 6 mos to get them. Thinking of picking up some 13.89" long Toyota OEM 660 lb springs and settling in on these longer term until kid gets out of college.

· Registered
476 Posts
Eibach Research.....just bored so went searching a review and found a 4Runner site

Eibach PRO TRUCK Sport leveling shock initial review...

They seem to have no complaints about them offroad. I am concerned they say 'sport shocks' but they don't seem to be geared toward lowered vehicles(which would make sense since they have lift grooves in them.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Eibach Research.....just bored so went searching a review and found a 4Runner site

Eibach PRO TRUCK Sport leveling shock initial review...

They seem to have no complaints about them offroad. I am concerned they say 'sport shocks' but they don't seem to be geared toward lowered vehicles(which would make sense since they have lift grooves in them.
Good stuff.
The slight lack of travel compared to the procomps is kind of a bummer. I don't know what .4" of shock travel equates to at the wheel, but would be interesting to know.

1121 - 1140 of 1156 Posts