Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say that I did this by myself because before thenewx.org went down a couple of weeks ago, it had the post on how to make this quick fix, but only had one pic. I did the mod this morning with great success. There is what I got... and steps

1. 2 feet of heater tubing and one set of heavy duty zip ties

2. Cut the tubing in about 3 -4 inch sections, then cut down the middle

3. I left the wheels on so it was a little bit more difficult, but this whole process took about 30 minutes. The best way is to bring the tubing up from the bottom so the tubing can wrap around the bottom (where the contact is.

4. now just run the zip ties up, and make sure you pull like hell on those (that's why I reccommend the heavy duty ones).

This is what I ended up with

I have to say I am VERY impressed. I went over some notorious areas that I knew I had the UCA contact before...now NOTHING. Not a bad solution for around $10 from Lowes

·
on line
1,208 Posts
ok, i have yet to have any problem with UCA contact. why are people having this problem, and what is the UCA hitting?

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I didn't have too much contact, just a little. It was more of preventative fix. I've got teh top gunz spacers and I have to say I don't get the contact unless I'm going about 40 and hit a big pothole or somethng

·
on line
1,208 Posts
And just so I know, this (circled in red) is the coil bucket, right?
If not then please photoshop a arrow point to it please.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
cool thanx!!

·
on line
1,618 Posts
I did this also, but first I tested it out by just doing one side, and driving for a day. Unbelievable improvement. Mine used to slam every time the front wheels dropped into a pothole or off of a bump. I used one piece of hose per side, about six inches long, and only put it in the lower part of the "U". As in your final pic, I ran it from a little further in than your left, inside ziptie, over to your right inside ziptie. No noise at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts