Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got this same issue, but it's with the rear drivers side door. Yesterday, the window started going down, but not up using the switch on the rear door, but the master controls on the drivers door would operate the window just fine. I'm not electrically inclined. I understand the basics of electronics, but things easily get beyond my grasp. I am pretty good at disassembling and reassembling small parts with correct functionality (I'm a Locksmith). Do you think this same thing needs to be done to the switch on the back door? Or would something be happening on the master controls that would cause the back door switch to fail?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've got this same issue, but it's with the rear drivers side door. Yesterday, the window started going down, but not up using the switch on the rear door, but the master controls on the drivers door would operate the window just fine. I'm not electrically inclined. I understand the basics of electronics, but things easily get beyond my grasp. I am pretty good at disassembling and reassembling small parts with correct functionality (I'm a Locksmith). Do you think this same thing needs to be done to the switch on the back door? Or would something be happening on the master controls that would cause the back door switch to fail?
If the master switch is operating the window without issue I would rule it out. Odds are the door switch is probably having a problem, it's pretty easy to pull the switch out and unlike the master it only has the one switch on it so much less complicated.

If you have a multimeter it's easier to diagnose the problem without pulling everything apart but if you don't have one I'd just pull the switch. I think the rear doors use the same switch mechanism on both sides so you could possibly pull the one from the good door and swap with the bad and see if the problem follows the switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for this excellent tutorial and pictures.
With your help I was successfully able to repair my main switch assy for control of the LH rear window and the passenger front door window for my 2005 Pathfinder SE Off Road 4WD.:)
I noticed that the tutorial made no mention of the driver's door window switch at all.
Though I am not having trouble with that switch (and I notice that it's a completely different switch from the three others), is there a repair procedure for that one should it ever become troublesome?
Thanks again VERY MUCH!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts