Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Before I go and hack something up, can anyone explain how to remove and/or replace the rear power outlet (2006 OR)? Mine is loose and has been abused by people forgetting to unplug things before they walk away with them (LOL). You'd need to twist the DC plug lately to get a contact but now it blows fuses... thus it seems to have been twisting the socket and now it's shorted.

I've searched repeatedly in electrical, how-to's and general but nothing. Any info appreciated!

:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
To take the side of cargo area off you have to remove the floor bin, tie down rails, and several other pieces to get it off.

Will look like this when done.

If you are just pulling it to the side a little bit you might be able to skip removing the lower seatbelt anchor bolt but all the floor stuff will still have to be removed.

The power cable is pretty easy to remove from the back of the outlet if I recall, it has been over 2 years since I took these pictures. Looks like the outlet itself could just be pushed out from behind. Your's won’t have the white plug on the wire, I added that in case I needed to take it apart again later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info & pics. Looks like it'll be another project but worth it to do it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts