Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Recently joined and have been surfing/acclimating myself to the site. Reading this how to thread for proper searching I find the advanced search, and the google search but do not find the "General Search" function. My screen does not look like the one included in this post. Can someone assist a noobie?

Recently joined and have been surfing/acclimating myself to the site. Reading this how to thread for proper searching I find the advanced search, and the google search but do not find the "General Search" function. My screen does not look like the one included in this post. Can someone assist a noobie?
That's a pretty old screenshot. The easiest way to search IMO is just type whatever question you have into a search engine and at the end put 'thenewx.org'. I've been on here for years and I still do that when I need to find an old thread because it's faster.

Your screen looks different because Autoguide changed the skin. You can get the "classic" skin like you see in this thread by scrolling to the bottom left hand corner. There is a drop down menu there, click it and choose "Classic".

I do the site:thenewx.org in a Google search for everything except when I want to search within only a user name or when I want to search by title only. I go into a advance search on this site when I'm looking for either of those things.

Reactions: caain
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.