Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
on line
4,576 Posts
man, how do you have patients for all your mods? This is a great write up and great work, and maybe i'm just lazy, but this seems like a TON of work for this!

I read that you blew a fuse with the typical fuse tap mod, but it seems like it would be easier to wire up the fogs to a separate spdt switch. That would be the lazy way out for people like me ha!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It does look like the 2011 IPDM layout is indeed different, and that the fog light relay is now an "integrated" relay.

I plan on modding the OEM combination stalk as described in this thread so that I can use the OEM fog light switch to trigger a separate relay which will then power the fog lights. What fuse should I tap in to for switched power for the signal circuit if I want to be able to turn on the fogs whenever I would also be able to turn on the headlights (I forget, with the key in the ACC position I presume)?

·
Registered
447 Posts
It does look like the 2011 IPDM layout is indeed different, and that the fog light relay is now an "integrated" relay.

I plan on modding the OEM combination stalk as described in this thread so that I can use the OEM fog light switch to trigger a separate relay which will then power the fog lights. What fuse should I tap in to for switched power for the signal circuit if I want to be able to turn on the fogs whenever I would also be able to turn on the headlights (I forget, with the key in the ACC position I presume)?
I tapped the tail light fuse with an add a circuit adapter to power the fog light fuse. I've also bought a relay that I'll use with this stalk modification to still have the ability to turn on/off via stalk.

·
on line
1,620 Posts
does this mod turn off the fogs automatically when you turn off the headlights???

I'm wondering if fogs still run when at least parking lights are off? don't want to have to turn on/off the fogs and headlights separately all the time...

·
on line
1,620 Posts
thanks for confirming me macguyver.. However I'd love to use my fogs when ever any driving lights are on, so i'm wondering if I could probably tap pin #30 to the positive of the parking light??? according to the original post on club frontier, the brass tabs on the relay are negative terminals, and the silver ones are positive, so perhaps you need to make little jumper cables and NOT put the relay back in its original socket

but to wire 85 to switch, 30 to the positive of parking lights, 87 and 86 to its corresponding socket on the box.

Anyone can confirm me if this should work?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dreamerz: Which Mod did you do...the hardwire one that allows complete independant control or the one that you tap into the parking light relay? I taped into my parking light relay on another car of mine and it was very easy...haven't blown a fuse in about 5-6 years since I did it.

·
on line
504 Posts
I just did mine the other day!!! AWESOME mod!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running the H9 bulbs and Silver Star Ultras. Wicked light now at night!

Thanks for this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
^ have had the same issue. I will hopefully have an easy cheap solution posted / updated the the end of this weekend.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts