I have been annoyed from day one not being able to turn the Fog Lights 'ON' independently of the Headlights. I tried the Fuse Tap Mod and popped a Fuse a week later. Wiring it up this way allows complete control of the Fogs while still utilizing the Factory Stalk and avoids overloading other Circuits. This Mod can be found at Club Frontier and throughout this Forum, links provided below. I really liked the idea of it, but it was missing something all of us love, pictures. I will spare you the heavy reading side of things which has all ready been done in the link I posted below.
I did the Fog Light Bypass Mod this way to allow me to have complete independent control of the Fog Lights while still utilizing the Factory Stalk.
ALTERNATIVE VERSION LINKS:
- Three 5' sections of 18 or 20 Gauge Wire. Actually a lot more then you will probably need but it's easier to cut excess off then add extra.
- Solder Gun and Heat Shrink.
- Electrical Tape, 3M is worth the extra money, so don't cheap out.
- Posi-Lock or similar to join the two sections of wire together.
- Razor Blade and Coat Hanger to pull wire from IDPM through passenger side Grommet.
- 1 Ring Terminal to Ground one of the Wires, your choice, to a suitable Ground location.
Once you have the Panel off remove the Stalk;
Remove Screws that hold Stalk Cover on;
Clip Wires and Solder 5' extensions onto Factory Wires;
Modify Stalk Cover and reinstall;
Reinstall Stalk and route Wires as shown;
Remove IDPM Cover, flip it over, and pull Relay;
Solder Jumper Wire;
Reinstall Relay with Jumper Wire Soldered to it and Route Wire out the bottom through hole provided by Nissan;
Reinstall IDPM, route through Firewall, "I chose the Passenger Side Grommet, just above my Power Cable", Dress your Wiring, reinstall Cover;
Route the Wire from the IDPM to one of the Jumper Wires off of the Stalk, Ground the other Wire from the Stalk, and enjoy. As I stated earlier there have been plenty of well written 'How-to' threads about this, just not nearly as many pictures as I would have liked to see.