Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm at work right now, so pictures will have to come later. However, the writing can be done now.

1. Remove grill. There are 6 clips on the top that are exposed when opening the hood. Pop those out then pull off the grill....there are 4 springy thingies on the bottom that will just pull out.

2. Now, if you want them where I have them, then go to the outer indentions that are on the grill...there are 4. Drill straight through towards the top of the indention.

3. Drill a hole just big enough for whatever size light you have..you want to be able to thread the light into it, so a little small won't hurt.

4. Now, the screw is not long enough to go through right?

Wrong...

there is a back to the grill....now we take a hole saw and drill about a 2 inch diameter hole inthe back of the grill (this will give us room to use a socket wrench).

5. Put on lights and screm them on tight!

6. Wire them up. Hella has pretty good directions. I will say that if you want to turn them on when you have the headlights on, then splice to the pink wire. If you want to turn them on with the highbeams, then use the green wire.

That's all!

I'll post pictures of each step tonight.

·
on line
237 Posts
Pics? still waiting!! :bounce:

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Where are the pic's? :colors:

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys. School's started again and I had to work 24 hours over saturday and sunday. i will get them out soon. I took some pics of my blinglights tonight, but i had no time to take off the grill and put pics. I still have wires coming out of my dash! I havent had time to zip them up.

·
on line
610 Posts
Ok shutterman, we're all waiting anxiously for those install pictures. This looks exactly like the installl I want to do. How sturdy are the HELLAs after you mount them? Any issues with them coming loose.

Thanks.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
looks good and seems like a fairly easy job. can you post a pic of the truck from the front a little further back?? and maybe from the side a little further back??

thanks!!

·
on line
3,592 Posts
good spot to mount those.

How does it hold up, on Rough roads, washboards gravels. Will it Flex & brake the grill? OR did you added some internal support.

I need to add more lights to mine, they stock lights are whimpy, just do not light up the road good enough.

nice write up.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
I would think they would hold up good because there is merely a hole in the plastic part of the bumper and the screw goes into the metal underneath. I can't see how the plastic would tear or get damaged. Now, I have 5.5 inch lights on my bullbar and want to ditch those and do something like the original poster has done in order to get my approach angle back. Are there lights out there that are good but as small as what he used? He said his leak....

thanks..

·
on line
14 Posts
Don't know how many of yall do a lot of driving through water but the other day i was crossing a creek with water that was about up to the logo on the grill and my grill poped off. A few of the clips broke off but i was able to snap it back on. Just watch out cause those light might make the grill i little heavy. looks awesome though. nice work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts