Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howzit, For those needing a cheap, safe, and practical way to mount your 48" HI-Lift... I have the 48" HI-Lift HOBO mod. All you need is 6 zip ties and your good. Until I get my rear bumper this will work.

No rattles or shifting. This mount is solid. Only bad thing is that you loose acces to the storage below, but I put my Hi-Lift recovery kit underneath so it no matter. Aloha, nalu's one :thumbright:

·
Read Only
656 Posts
robnfl said:
Good thinking!

Hey, did you see where buxwheat was able to fit one under the back seat?

If not...http://www.thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3141&highlight=lift

That's where I'll probably store mine. Uhh...when I finally get one.

Rob
Give credit where credit is due: JIMBO gave me the step by step on that one! But I like this HOBO mod, sorta goes with the Lobo mod. If I have my seats folded flat, I will have to remember that I can secure it this way. I keep a Leatherman tool in the truck so getting thru the zip ties is not a prob. The Hi-Lift needs to be well secured cause if it went flying in panic stop or a roll over, it would surely kill you (or worse). Zip ties are definitely handy things to keep with you.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Howzit, Addressing some concerns: If I was not a 100% confident that the HI-Lift would not stay put during off road conditions or worst case scenerio flipping over (god forbid), I would not be using the zip ties or mounting it in the interior. Saftery first for my son and wife. I will probaly be picking up the Raingler barrier net soon for that added peace of mind though. I have attached to the netting on the left side my gerber knife and led light. In the stowage case I have a bundle of extra zip ties and recovery gear. For the money this was the my best option.
Aloha, nalu's one
:thumbright:

·
on line
7,050 Posts
Give credit where credit is due: JIMBO gave me the step by step on that one! But I like this HOBO mod, sorta goes with the Lobo mod. If I have my seats folded flat, I will have to remember that I can secure it this way. I keep a Leatherman tool in the truck so getting thru the zip ties is not a prob. The Hi-Lift needs to be well secured cause if it went flying in panic stop or a roll over, it would surely kill you (or worse). Zip ties are definitely handy things to keep with you.
The link for this mod is not working for me, and i'm interested in seeing this setup.. Help anyone? :)

-Jason

1 - 13 of 13 Posts