Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
58 Posts
Howzit, It's nice to get back and see my shrock bumper waiting for me after being away for 3 months. Not wanting to wait for help to install it I turned to the how to section of our forum. The front bumper removal went well and so did the grill removal. When it came time for installing the shrock bumper I followed MC's write up completely. Only thing was that he forgot to take some pics during the crucial moment. I was left to use my imagination on how I was to lift the bumper up by myself, as my son was unable to hold up his side of the bumper. The Hi-lift and floor jack method worked very well for me with no problems. Having a second body would have been ideal though.

Tools used: 20ft. tow strap, 48'' Hi-lift, 3-ton floor jack, 2 floor stands, 12 ft 1in. strap, and two shackles.

With the 20 ft strap around the rafters and then wrapped around the lamp loops, I connected the strap with a shackle and attached to the Hi-lift. The 12 ft. yellow strap is being used to keep the Hi-lift stable.

The bumper is now lifted high enough for the floor jack.

Notice I relocated the strap ends to the schackles mounted on to the bumper for more stability and relocated the Hi-lift to the wich opening to provide for the increase in jacking. The two floor stands are also added for saftey measures.

Talk about precision measurements, the bumper is sliding in perfect.

With the bumper jacked into place, I attached the passenger side bolts then bumped up the drivers into place and used the yellow strap to squeeze the tow strap together to bring the bumper back from leaning forward. I then leveled and tightened.

Finished product! More to come on the Hella lights install and the Hobo anti schackle slap.

"It's about time your xterra has a bumper dad!" Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
6 Posts
Now thats engenuity...good job!
How is it driving, did you do anything to the suspension?

·
on line
116 Posts
If you have an OR, you have the factory fogs, which the shrockworks bumper accepts. I was only able to get 2 bolts per side to fit to hold in the fog lights, so I ziptied the other 2 mount locations, but it still is a great deal being able to use the factory foglights.

Great job on the solo install! I had an extra person and a floor jack and it was still a bit tedious.

·
on line
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howzit, With the install of the shrock bumper, the ride with the AC coils is definitely much better now. Thanks for the comments. Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
131 Posts
Tell us about those cool-ass lights!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Not to jack the thread, buuuut...if you don't have an OR model does that mean your stuck with two holes in the Shrockworks bumper? Kinda like how my S model bumper looks now?
the foglight package can be purchased from the vendor link on the main forum page. they are the best price out there and there is a "thenewx" discount code. i may have the actual code wrong but there is one in that forum if you search for it.

if you do not have the lights then you will indeed have the holes.

great job nalu's one! that is awesome. thanks for the reply on the other thread about the bumper. i am definitely considering getting it coated gray now. sheeesh!

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
if you are doing the headlight (2009) mod do it before you install the shrock bumper.
hey silly pants, this thread has been dead for over 4 years....

·
Veteran - Deceased Member; 03/18/1975 - 08/16/2012
2,082 Posts
^^ yes i noticed the thread was dead. thanks for pointing it out. what are you the historic thread police? investigating cold case revivals of threads. i figured if someone was planning a shrockworks bumper buy and install i would warn them to do the headlight mod first. because doing it after the shrock hoops are infront of the light is a PITA. but maybe i should just keep that info to myself since the thread is old? silly pants.....:tard:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
What's the headlight mod if you dont mind me asking? Im looking at getting a bumper put on soon.

I put a pair of xenon Hella lights in my headlights, but i wasnt that impressed with them compared to other model cars/trucks that have xenon lights.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts