Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, this is my first how-to, so I hope it helps. This is the remote starter I bought off eBay.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 129KB.

It came with the transponder
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 211KB.

You have to remove the kick panel on the drivers side and take out two Phillips head screws from the plastic piece under the steering wheel.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 118KB.

The other screw is hidden behind the plastic strip between the dash and the door.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 83KB.

Once all the plastic is out of the way start the wire connections. All the wires are behind the kick panel for the install. The large green wire is constant 12v(turn the key through all positions). I hooked the starter unit power lines and the power supply for the transponder here.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 78KB.

Then the ignition wire here to the white wire with green chaser.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 85KB.

Then my accessory wire to the red wire.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 87KB.

Connect the ground wire( this is just for example) the screws are usually 10mm.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 130KB.

The transponder comes with a wire ring to fit around the ignition switch. I just popped off the ring and inserted the ring around the switch from the underneath.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 129KB.

You can see the wire (black and white) hanging down. I hooked the brake switch to the yellow wire on the lower brake switch. (there are two brake switches above the pedal the yellow wire is on the lower switch.)
After making all connections to the control box, I used double sided tape to mount it up and under the dash. (over the kick panel.)
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 125KB.

I used cable ties to mount the transponder to a bracket behind the dash plastic.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 123KB.

I then wrapped the wires back up and tested the starter.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 141KB.

Once I knew it was working, I put everything back and zipped tied all the wires out of the way. The Bulldog starter has great tech info and support.
www.bulldogsecurity.com Well, I hope I didnt forget anything, and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i paid about fifty dollars on ebay for it. it came with the transponder in it.it took about two hours. not sure about this particular kit on a manual trans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write this out and post it for us. I appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts