Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, unscrew the hooks in the ceiling and screw them in facing aft.

Hang the pet divider from these hooks.

Then remove the back seat headrests, and reinstall with the loops of the divider under each headrest.

Finally, move the cargo hooks in the floor all the way forward. Attach the pet divider straps here and snug it up.

Very Easy to do, and yes I was confused at first too.

And if you get something too long to fit in the back with the divider up, it just takes a few seconds to loosen up one side from the floor, and unhook from the ceiling letting it droop down.

·
on line
191 Posts
Just an FYI for those of you with a trunk mat (I have one and didn't want to pull it out, because my dog has a tendency to slip on the floor and fall when I corner without it), you can connect those straps to the little brackets on the back of the seat (see pic above, there are 3) and tighten it down enought to hold it tight.

I only have one problem with this, my girlfriends puggle has found out she can climb between the window gap and get up front! Anyone found a solution to that?

Great write up, I was very confused when I first put my up as well.

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the trunk mat, if I had one, I would drill a hole in the mat where the floor hook should be. Make it exactly the size of the threaded portion of the hook. Install the hook through the top of the mat, and find a way to hold the mat up while getting the threads started in the piece that goes under the rail.

Tighten it down, and the hook will be the only thing showing above your trunk mat. I think this would look clean and might keep your puggle in.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
on line
951 Posts
I have one of these sitting in the garage that I'd like to sell. Anyone local looking for one? I'll take $40 for it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Its old, but I'll still address this....

With the trunk mat, if I had one, I would drill a hole in the mat where the floor hook should be. Make it exactly the size of the threaded portion of the hook. Install the hook through the top of the mat, and find a way to hold the mat up while getting the threads started in the piece that goes under the rail.

Tighten it down, and the hook will be the only thing showing above your trunk mat. I think this would look clean and might keep your puggle in.
I did that for about 10min.... then realized the hinge for the trap door is further forward than the utility track goes. So, the hooks are then locking the door shut. Even all the way forward, I was tearing the mat trying to "peak"/"squeeze" into the trap door area. I was hoping to use the hooks to keep the mat from sliding at all (barely slides on its own). Some have cut the mat so the door can still open, but I just lift the whole mat with the door so it's all one piece and stays in place better than being cut, and without any velcro/adhesive/mounting to the door/floor.

I basically just keep tie-downs, jumper cables, and a recovery strap in there, but don't want to undo the hooks just to get in there on occasion either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts