Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Full barrier behind the front seat install

Shown in a 2nd gen Nissan Xterra but same for first gen

Locate existing anchor points. These can be seat belt tensioner brackets, seat to floor brackets and overhead handles. If needed (as in this vehicle) a point must be added. Raingler offers several types to choose from on our “extras” page http://www.raingler.com/#!extras/c9u9
This vehicle is using the D-Ring strap with footman mounts installed 6” from the floor on the B-pillars. Slide the seats forward out of the way and check before drilling that no wiring or washer lines are in the way.

After installing any mounts required, loosely install the entire net with all points attached. Return the seats to normal position and then tension for best centered fit.

Wrap and tuck any excess lines out of the way and you are ready to keep your dog or cargo in the back, out of your lap. Shown with second full barrier net and overhead net sold separately.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Is connecting it to the seat belt and the handle secure? I feel like my dog would break the handle if he wanted to

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The load would be spread over the backs of the seats, handle and the seat belt roller assembly all at once. The nets are over 800#'s per square inch as well. I think you would be more than covered, but then again I have not seen your dog. :grommet:
You can also get a set of the D-Ring straps and install them onto the B-pillar instead of the handles, just requires a bit of interior disassembly.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
I've had my Raingler set behind the front seats for years using footman loops. Works great for the dog.

Lots of pics and info in my sort of how to here: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29843&page=2

Hey guys,

So I LOVE :love4: my Raingler RN90 Upper Rear Half-Divider net. This thing is great! But.... I was not very keen on how it attaches (especially when used with my new rear cargo rack!). I don't like the way that it tilts way toward the back at an almost 45% angle. I also don't like the way it attaches to the seat belts. I decided that I wanted it to mount more vertically and be free of the seat belts as well. The solution was to take some footman mounts, which Raingler sells as well as most hardware stores, some long sheet metal screws, and some 1/2" PVC pipe for use as spacers between the headliner and the sheet metal. When not in use, the footman mounts blend in just fine, since they are both out of site by being behind the C-Pillar and there are already a bunch of factory steel hoops hanging all over back there. Anyway, heres pics:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Hooks blending in with all the other hooks:

Using PVC as spacers:

Update 8-21-2012: Since the original making of this thread, I got a puppy. Since she rides with me everywhere, I keep the seats folded down and have needed a pet divider to keep her out of the front seat area. I started with this total P.O.S. from Amazon and hated it, so I added mounts to the B-pillars to mount my RN-90 in the front for use as a pet divider. I like the look much better cosmetically, but beware, if your dog is a chewer this may not work for you. Also as a note, the RN-90 works, but if I were to do it over I'd get the full divider instead. Here's before and after pics:

Sadie doesn't seem to care either way:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts