Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tinted windows all around, so my clear bumper sticker doesn't show up...only the imperfections show up. I want to put it on my windshield, but I can't figure out how to get all the air bubbles out. it looks awful, but worse on the tint because it shows all the air bubbles and I can't (for the life of me) get it even. BTW- I had 10 made, and I ran through about 6 already trying to get one to look good.

It's not going on my bumper (shrockworks are too sexy on their own to taint with a sticker, plus you can't see it against the black). But I need this sticker on my vehicle (I made it online myself). I had it on my roof rack, but my light cage will cover it up. I know you won't be able to see it well since it is clear, but that's kind of the point. I'm military and the sticker says "don't confuse your dependent status with an actual career," so it's ok that it isn't obviously noticeable.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
One part dish soap to ten parts water. Spray it on the window, apply the decal over it while wet, then gently squeegee with a paper towel on top to protect (too hard, even with a protective layer, and you'll scratch the surface of the decal, which will show up very well). The water will also let you line up the decal a bit better if you make a mistake; once it's all squeezed out the decal will stick to the window with minimal bubbling. You can also try "popping" the bubbles with a sharp pin and pressing down on the decal.

(Not a great example, as I scratched the surface of this one while applying, but it's the best image I've got).

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I used MakeStickers.com for the one in the image above (though I ordered them in quantity). You'll have to contact them directly for custom work. Since yours is mainly text, you can go through Graveyard Graphics (a local favorite) or edecals.com and see about diecut vinyl. Both can cut clear vinyl, IIRC, but Graveyard doesn't print.

I happen to have some gloss black decals that "disappear" against my tinted rear windows - that could be a viable look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts