Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks AlbatrossCafe!! That makes my life so much easier! Ill be doing the mod this week. Also,roughly how many inches back is that yellow line? My 285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak MTs on Level Tracker Pros are rubbing and its driving me NUTS!
It doesn't have to be super precise. I made about a 1" cut about 1/2" in front of the pinch weld. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks AlbatrossCafe!! That makes my life so much easier! Ill be doing the mod this week. Also,roughly how many inches back is that yellow line? My 285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak MTs on Level Tracker Pros are rubbing and its driving me NUTS!

It's pretty intimidating when you first start but once you're in there it's actually pretty simple, you'll be surprised at how smooth it goes. Take some pics so you can post them here for the next guy. The more / better pics the better for the future readers.

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I did mine yesterday. Tin snips did most of the work, and an angle grinder sorted the rest. Thanks for the info and all the pictures.

No pic?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice! I'll be doing this soon also, 1.5" Spidertrax on 33" KO2. Any pics of that lower fender area as they sit now?

No worries, nm, pics on prior pages, thanks all, looking forward to get this over with, my melt mod still gives me grief off and on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is for stock suspension, correct?

I want MK6s and 285/75/16s. If I'm not mistaken, this is similar to stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. Right?

All I need to do is the melt mod and trim that bottom inner corner of the fender with stock suspension, right?

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This is for stock suspension, correct?

I want MK6s and 285/75/16s. If I'm not mistaken, this is similar to stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. Right?

All I need to do is the melt mod and trim that bottom inner corner of the fender with stock suspension, right?
No. Even with 3" lift you have to do this trim.

285s is NOT even close to stock tires/wheels with 1.5" spacers. With 285s and stock suspension, you only need to melt mod. You do not need to metal trim.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No. Even with 3" lift you have to do this trim.

285s is NOT even close to stock tires/wheels with 1.5" spacers. With 285s and stock suspension, you only need to melt mod. You do not need to metal trim.
Even with the MK6 wheels being a 0 offset? I thought that's why the trimming would be needed. I'm not putting 285 tires on stock wheels. I want to put them on 16x8 ET 0 wheels. Sorry if I'm confused.

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Even with the MK6 wheels being a 0 offset? I thought that's why the trimming would be needed. I'm not putting 285 tires on stock wheels. I want to put them on 16x8 ET 0 wheels. Sorry if I'm confused.
OH sorry I missed the MK6 wheel part. Yes, with 0 offset MK6 wheels you will very likely have to do the metal trim I put here. Stock wheel offset is 30mm and 1" is about 25mm. Between that wheel and the 285mm tire (which will be 10mm wider than stock on either side) it will stick out about 35mm more AKA nearly 1.5".

·
Registered
40 Posts
OH sorry I missed the MK6 wheel part. Yes, with 0 offset MK6 wheels you will very likely have to do the metal trim I put here. Stock wheel offset is 30mm and 1" is about 25mm. Between that wheel and the 285mm tire (which will be 10mm wider than stock on either side) it will stick out about 35mm more AKA nearly 1.5".
Okay! Thanks. This is the first write up I've seen that pretty clearly shows where you need to cut/trim. There's some threads floating around that show you needing to cut the outer fender (though they're all broken Photobucket images) and I was worried I would need to do that.

·
Registered
512 Posts
BRUTAL alignment + melt mod + MK6 + KO2 in 285 + 3" lift should work fine. I have that and no rubbing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
BRUTAL alignment + melt mod + MK6 + KO2 in 285 + 3" lift should work fine. I have that and no rubbing.
What did you have to do to your alignment?

I plan on lifting, but not quite yet. Was hoping I could fit these wheels and tires with just the melt mod and trimming....

·
TNX Veteran
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
21 - 35 of 35 Posts