Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is a write up on how to take apart the cv's from the axle in case you are doin the extended axles for titan swap or want to replace your cv boots or internals on cv , oh youll need alot of rags and gloves its a mess
this write up is with the axle already off the truck
axle

remove cv boot straps and slide cv boot back

clean some of the grease out of the cv , youll see a snap ring inside the cv , remove snap ring

now you can remove cv , make sure not to loose ball bearing they will fall out when cv remove from axle

clean up end of axle , youll now need to remove the c-clip from the axle

you can now replace cv boots or internals

removing wheel side cv , youll need a slide hammer or be like me and use 1-1/4 gas pipe haha
slide axle inside the pipe place pipe on the ground and use the pipe as the hammer , make sure to have a rag underneath to catch grease and to not damage spline

this cv youll need to replace the snap ring

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Great write up. It's very straight foward to do, just a little messy. Took me about 35 minutes total to do. If I would have had this write up I would of finished in about 20 minutes maximum. It will take you the most time finding the ends of the snap rings.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I replaced both boots on one of my axles a few days ago and only removed the inner CV to remove both boots.
Now I know the trick for removing the outer CV :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Some random dude
351 Posts
Not sure it will be possible on this one, those appear to be the "hoster or service deleted the pictures", not "pb is being stupid and holding them for ransom" ones. So unless someone has the pictures to re-upload, they are likely gone.

·
Administrator
19,337 Posts
Yep - PB Account has been deleted/closed. Photos are gone. Now if anyone has photos that I can plug into the voids, then by all means get them to me and we'll get this 'How-to' back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Old Navy
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing