Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Now my question is this.
When looking at the back of the switch and counting, in other words I am looking which is 12 and 13 ground and power

Is this the right idea?
That way the extra wires on my harnes I will just tape off

Left to Right 1-2-3 4-5-6

And bottom 7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15 ???

Actually, you're one pin off. Notice at the top left on the switch there is a blank spot but the plug has a socket in that location. So, on your photo the pins should be numbered:
2-3-4 5-6-7
8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16

Edit:
Yep, 12 is ground and 13 is power. They are the two pins in the bottom row directly below the gap in the top row.

PM sent with info

just in case from Rammnes here in the forum he is great to deal with just PM what you need and he will try to get for you.

Hi guys! I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the 2014 Nissan Xterra X 4WD has the doors wired for the mirrors, but not for the switch.

Also, if you are going to swap the motors from one mirror to another, you don't actually have to cut the wires. The blades will actually come loose from the black/gray connectors on the motor side of the harness, and they will feed through the mirror housing for removal.

Hope this helps!

firemaverick231,

I got your PM, but I don't have enough posts to send a PM back. If you can PM me your email addy, I'd be happy to email the photos to you. Unfortunately, I haven't opened a new photo hosting account since Photo Bucket stopped playing nice. Hope I can help!

So, I took this mod on over the weekend. Very simple really. I own a 2011 X Trim Level with 4WD. I simply removed the plastic trim panel under steering wheel, verified that the harness was present for the switch (part number 25570-CL00A ). I ordered the switch on E-bay. I then went to 1A Auto and bought their Power Heated Textured Black Mirror Set.

To learn how to remove your window follow this video:

You'll notice that this is a heated set, for some reason, cheaper than the non-heated. In the USA the harness will not match. However, like noted in the first post. The 1A set will have the same coloring on the harness. I simply spliced in, fairly simple. I think I did both in less than an hour (and I took my time).

Hope this helps someone in the future.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.