Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think mine are going. I have a centralized clunk when going over big bumps. It's annoying as hell and I can not think what else would be clunking from the center of the vehicle.

I also have a occasional clunk from the front right. The things is I just Titan swapped so everything is brand new. That only leaves me with either worn motor mounts or body mounts. Can those mounts clunk when worn out? I know my motor mounts are going because I get some pretty good vibration at idle and my truck has 62k on it. Prg has some pretty red motor mounts, does anyone have a write up on their install?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
C'mon man, if you search "PRG motor mounts" it's one of the top responses and the thread was active yesterday!
Take some initiative.

Anyway, no idea what the clunk is.
Uh I specifically asked about transmission mounts? I understand you know everything about the xterra but c'mon man, the title says tranny.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I've had a clunk I thought is my tranny mounts. I'm not sure, I chanced everything else and its all I'm left with. Been dealing with it for a long time.now. and tommorow I have a appointment for the dealer to check it out. So I'll let you know what they say

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So anyone have any tricks aside from looking for cracking or dry rot?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I would think if it were driveline related you would get it more when acel / decel - or shifting from forward to reverse - when the moment rotational force switches direction. A clunk going over bumps sounds more likely a potential body or suspension part binding up or something loose. I suppose it could be a loose or worn trans mount, but it doesn't sound likely by the description of it doing it going over bumps?

·
Registered
373 Posts
i doubt it is the transmission mount. There is only one and there is a thick piece of rubber in the middle of it. Unless you do heavy offroading transmission mount should not go bad. I have prg transmission mount for sale ,just to throw it out there.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65103. how to on motor mounts

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i doubt it is the transmission mount. There is only one and there is a thick piece of rubber in the middle of it. Unless you do heavy offroading transmission mount should not go bad. I have prg transmission mount for sale ,just to throw it out there.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65103. how to on motor mounts

Posted via Mobile Device
That is solid. Thanks amigo. I cant find a link for PRG tran mount on the intrawebz. Is it beefier then stock?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts