Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
I'm not the best at these write-ups because I'm an internal-think-and-do at the same time kind of person..so these things come as a spur of the moment, and I just go out and begin ripping apart the car and finish with a cool product.

To begin. Get whatever cathodes you want.

In order for them to work, they have a "Molex" connector that plugs into a standard harddrive in a computer.
you now have one of two options...
1. Cut off the connector and go straight to the power
2. Add a molex connector to your power source and then plug the cathode straight into it.

I went with #1....

so, I ripped off the kickplates, ran wires (both + and - were red for me because I ran out of black)..ran them up to the under-dash, and spliced into my hella's 12v. (essentially, you can run them straight to the battery...do as you choose.)

then, plug and play.

a switch in the blank is optional as they have their own switch that can be bypasses.

I just ziptied them all to the seat components and then ran a connecting + and - arount the center console to the back of the passenger seat, connecting the 4 together.

·
on line
551 Posts
Nice job, and maybe I'm missing something (wouldn't be the first time) but why?
Aren't the interior lights bright enough?
Or is it a cool look thing?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i had some in my old honda...back in my ricer days....they actually looks pretty good, had them under the dash so they light up the floor area at night. worked great if i dropped something!....don't think i would do it to the X unless i found it really necessary. Always a cool mod non-the-less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there any easy way to change the color of the stock yellow interior lighting? I am mainly interested in the dash display but it would be better if I could change the stereo lighting to match as well. I am thinking blue to compliment the seats I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts